Final decision on components/Midbass

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 128
I've narrowed my front speaker component set down to 3. And i've upped my budget to about $600 for comps, and going with separate mid bass woofers around $250 each. Unless i'm going at this wrong and should buy a complete $1000 set, please make some suggestions.
1. Rainbow CMX 465 Extreme - $620 (Tweeters and 4x 6.5") accompanied by 2 Rainbow W200 x-plain 8"
2. Dynaudio System 220mkll - $600 (5.75" 2-way) w/ either 2 Dynaudio MW180 or Dynaudio Esotec MW172 midbass 8"
3. Morel Dotech Ovation Comp 6 - $450 2-way w/ the either the same Dynaudio midbass woofers from #2. ^^^^

I was also looking at some Equalizers. Some Arc Audio PEQ-7 band for $270. They also have a 30-band for $400.? And Memphis 16-EQ30 band for $400. Not sure about those prices though.

But mainly i want to be set on some components. Any advice appreciated!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14198
I know Rainbow and Dyn both have 3-way matched systems.
Did you consider just using one of those instead of using a different midbass unit then trying to EQ them all to match up?
The timbre of the midbass will be different, using a different mfgr's driver for that.. Just a thought.

Also, a 1/3 octave EQ is very helpful, but the best way to do that without introducing phase shift issues, is to use a DSP unit that can handle EQing, time alignment, and crossover functions all at once in the digital domain, instead of using analog EQs and XOs for the same job.
Alpine has a fantastic unit for this, and Pioneer has a ehad unit with all of this built in, in fact.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
So which 3-way would you highly consider me to spend my money on that should be worth it if done correctly, for about $1000? Lol but yea i understand what you're saying. You need to set my imaging up haha. And i'm sure your referring to the dex-p99rs? I might have to reconsider purchasing that head unit. It does look unbelievably worth the $ .. Also i'm going to need to look into amps that will match my comps.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14201
http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/auto/esotec/362.php

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
What would be a good amp(s) to match with these comps ?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14205
They can take 200 watts per channel, and that said, for music you could go up to 50% over that, so up to a max of 300WPC for the amp.

try this one:
Sundown 125.2

An option for a used amp would be an Orion 2250SX @ 250W x 2 @ 4 ohms. This is what I use for mine. I use the older version of those DynAudio 3-ways (System 360) for my car.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15889
glasswolf knows his stuff listen to him
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us