HO ALT and Big mod 3 upgrade

Username: Cmuwallif

Post Number: 9
Hey gang,

I'm looking to purchase an HO alt. for my sound syst.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/130447826941

I'm running an audiopipe 1500d.1 amp and 2 kicker 15" L7's, Clarion 400watt 4 channel (for highs).

My question is will this 200 amp alternator be sufficiant along with a big mod 3 upgrade? I believe my stock alternator is a 130 amp currently and it can barley handle this stress. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14097
a decent 200A alternator should be fine for daily driving use.
The next step, if required, might be to add a battery isolator, and add one or two parallel deep cycle batteries in back, and connect the amplifiers directly to those batteries.

Username: Cmuwallif

Post Number: 10
So you say the 200a($160)should be fine for daily driving. There is also a 250amp alt. for about $220. Im not trying to spend any more unnessasary money do you think the 200 will be fine or should i go with the 250a? Also what ampage would the isolator need to be? Thank you!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14100
the bigger the better really. a 1500 watt amp (class D) can draw 150A of current by itself, and if your car came with a 130A alternator, then it did so because the car itself requires a substantial amount of current itself. The 250A would give you more room to expand, and be better suited to high transient demands.

The isolator would need to be rated for the same amperage as the alternator, so 250A.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us