1 ohm

Hummer
I have two Kx1200.1 amps going to two 2ohm 15" L7s. I want to wire them so I can get the 1ohm load. Since it is a 2ohm speaker.....do I just wire the voice coils in parallel? Also since I have two Kx1200.1 amps do I need just one 1 gauge power wire for both or should I run two seperate 1 gauge wires?

Thanks

The$Money$Man
2 Kx1200.1 amps nice choice man since u got a amp for each L7 then all u have to do is wire each subwoofer in parallel seperately (do not wire them both together in parallel!!!!!!!)to wire a sub in parallel just take some speaker wire and hook the + to the + on the sub then - to the - after that take some more speaker wire and hook it up to one of ur voice coils then just run that to ur mono amp and ull be fine

Anonymous
All you need is a 0 GAUGE POWER WIRE and series wire the subs one by one in two seperate boxes, you need two boxes for this since you have two Amps.Or parallel wire the two in one box and run the postive to one amp and negative to the other amp Also get a fuse stopper for your 0 gauge wire so you can spilt your 0 gauge power wire and have an 8 gauge going to both amps. A 0 gauge power wire should power all your amps,EQ and crossover. It should also have your 6x9 screaming at the top of their lungs. GOOD LUCK

Hummer
Which will get me the 1200 watts RMS x 1 at 1ohm?

MEXXX
You need to parallel the voice coils of each sub.Don't listen to these guys,1/0 gauge wire is plenty good enough for both those amps.You can even run the 1/0 gauge to a disto block and split it into two SHORT 4 gauge wires to connect to the amps.Remember,1/0 gauge +power wire does no good if the battery isnt grounded to the chassis with the same gauge wire under the hood.

The$Money$Man
Parallel the voice coils of each sub thats what I said Mexxx u Idiot.Dont tell me I dont know What Im talkin about Ive been in Car audio for almost 10 years what U said wont make since to somone whos new to car audio thats why u gotta break it all down Like I did.Maybe ur the one who dont kno what hes talkin about.Hummer wiring Each sub in parallel seperately will give you the 1 ohm ur lookin for.

Hummer
Would it be a good idea to go ahead and run a 1 gauge wire from the battery to the frame....to make sure of the ground? I just figured that the ground on my Hummer H2 would be good enough but maybe not????

The$Money$Man
Yea that would be a very wise choice

Hummer
Thanks for the help everyone....I appreciate it!!!

MEXXX
Hey the$Welfarecheck$Man,if you answered his question to his satisfaction why did he ask again?????????????

The$Money$Man
Welfare check man huh thats a good one I guess for someone who has nothin better to do.I am a Architectual Engineer and I have my own business so say what u want about me Im the one bringin in 75k a year and ur still stuck livin with ur moma makin minimum wage ha ha ha ha ha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us