Amp on and off

Silver Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 125
gota jl 500/1 amp hooked up. power cord is secure (and double checked enough wiring is going to amp) ground is a foot away no paint left around it, rcas and rem brand new and secure but my amp just loses power every now and then more so when i play it quietly it seems, the amp isnt overheating my power light goes off power and ground are 0 guage so im sure theyre more than big enough, is it possible i need smaller power cord or could it just be i have yet to intall a fuse in the power cord? can anyone come up with any other fixes that might help before i tear my car apart again???

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13869
nothing to do with the power cord, most likely. fuse doesn't matter, and wire can't be "too large."
If you have a DMM (multimeter or VOM) check voltage at ground point and power input of the amp. see if the amp is getting power from the battery. Check voltage stability at the remote trigger input of the amp next, to see if the amp is losing it's "on/off" trigger signal.
If the amp is not getting power, it's a supply issue with teh wiring.
if the amp is getting power and still shutting off, check the settings on the amp, see if the gain is set properly, and if it is, the amp is most likely defective.

Silver Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 126
the fuse was blown but my amp would "signal sense" the power signal on and off (double checked with dmm). replaced rem wire and took wire with fuse for deck constant power supply anyways. got it all figured out thanks. didnt know but ended up using dmm to charge capacitor worked really well....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13904
I must've misread. I thought you said you didn't have a fuse in place yet.

Username: Andruta

Post Number: 2
I have a renault megane hatchback from 2001.I just already buyed and I want to know why the lights from ABS stay on and why all the time the light with SERV stay on.thank you!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15989
welcome to ecoustics and feel free to stick around
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us