Im a beginer NEED HELP!

Username: 1992mustangtyler

Post Number: 1
so i am buying 2 1000 watt amps and 2 1000 watt max 12" subs. i am wondering what is the max wattage a 6x9 would need to be able to handle if i am running one 1000 watt max 12" sub off one amp along with the 6x9?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13854
very bad idea.

Post Number: 2
Why

Bronze Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 47
the wattage needed by 6x9 is no way close to a 1000 watts....as GW said very bad idea !

suggestion -> do some serious research or get an installer...

Post Number: 3
What if i ran the two 12s off the two 1000 watt amps and got another amp just for the 6x9s?

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 499
Depends on the subs and what their RMS is not Max. Other than that, that is exactly what you want to do. Now, the question is, is your vehicle's electrical able to handle all of this.

Post Number: 4
I was going to do "the big three" and i have all 4 gauge wire.

What does RMS stand for?

Sorry for all the questions im really new to all of this.

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 500
4 gauge will be okay, but you really should run all 1/0 gauge. What about your alternator? Is it stock? RMS is what your speakers will handle continuously. You should never base anything on max, always go by the RMS rating.

Post Number: 5
ok so im guessing the amp also has a RMS rating? What would the RMS rating be for a 1000 watt max sony xplode amp??

And as for the wire i would think 4 gauge would work?

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 501
Yes, the amp will have a RMS rating also. I would need your amp model number and the model number of the subs. However, Sony Xplod amps and subs are very, very low end products. You are probably going to be pushing about 350 watts with that amp to each sub. Also, I wouldn;t worry about doing the big 3 until you can get some better subs and amp. Also, if you have not bought these yet, I would suggest not buying them and try to get something much better.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15328
Also, if you have not bought these yet, I would suggest not buying them and try to get something much better.

x2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
x3

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15337
lol

Post Number: 6
whats wrong with the sony xplode amps?

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 506
Well for one thing they never do rated even RMS rated. Another thing is that they are just not very well built amps or subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14935
Tyler

All Sony product are cheap builded!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13864
Xplod amplifiers have a very high failure rate within the first year. They are cheaply made, with poor QA.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
many says they are made to xplode !

Post Number: 7
Haha alright thanks guy for all the input, but i think i have changed my mind (once again) lol now i am leaning more towards one 15" sub and one or two 6x9s all in the same box. Cant decide on the 6x9s yet. But any brands i should consider for the 15" sub amp and 6x9s? And what about the 6x9s (yes? no? how many? what brands? what amp set up?)

And thanks again for all the help!

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 507
You do not want to put 6x9s and a sub in the same box. As far as "But any brands i should consider for the 15" sub amp and 6x9s?" Need to know budget, SQ (sound quality) or SPL (sound pressure level, loudness) and do you already have 6x9s in your vehicle?

Post Number: 8
I am on some what of a budget and might not be able to buy brand new but i might will just have to see what i can find. No i do not have any 6x9s right now but i have what i believe are 5 1/4" by 6" and they are running off the radio.

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 508
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/
Any if these brands: Fi, Sundown, SSA, RE, DD, RD, IA, or PSI

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13870
6x9s don't need a box, and if you put them in with a 15" sharing the air space, the force of the 15" will cause the 6x9s to distort, and possibly blow the cones clear out of the speakers.
6x9s belong in a package shelf if you need them at all. Personally, I don't typically use any rear speakers.
Get a strong front stage and amplify that, along with the sub on it's own amp. run your rear fill from the head unit if at all.
you're over complicating this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us