Amp problem please help!!!!! keeps sparking even with no fuses in it?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby3342

Post Number: 89
when i try to hook up the amp it sparks even with the fuses pulled out.... No im no genuis but doesnt pulling the fuses out of the amp before you install mean the amp should not be sparking? My guess is maybe its hook up wrong inside or blown power supply?

Bronze Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 43
seems to be short before the fuse, check power input terminals for proper insulation, rem and power terminal should be completely isolated from ground and body of amp...and make sure you are connecting correctly

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14881
Sometime the fuse is active only on amplifier and none for the power supply inside the amp!

Usualy the fuse is on the power line of the amplifier and sometime on the ampli case!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
look i know for a fact their is nothing wrong on my end my wires are good grounds good amp is not mounted on metal nor is it mounted . i know its the amp but what it is i am unsure. ok but when i pull the fuses on the amp that should mean untili put the fuses back in the amp wont work wont make power. so why is it sparking even when there are no fuses in the amp? that shouldnt happpen . but i cant open the amp cuz its under warranty. and by the way how can they tell if ya have been inside the amp. do they glue the screws so when you unscrw them the glue breaks? or puts some tape on the inside? because my amp is a refurb so how would they be able to tell if i just took a look inside? i have not yet but it is just so tough i want to fix it. this is the second dead amp in a row they have sent me. i will not name the company because i am giving them a chance to make good.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14885
Bobby

Be sure that your speakers wires are not ground with the car body!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
they are fine everything on my end is fine its the amp but what?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14889
Bobby

It's very hard to help you with only few info like it, I suggest that you call the Amp company then talk about it with them!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
my wires and my setup is good i have check it with a dmm and and a scope power is good ground is good impedance good no wires touch nata i just thought it would be easier to say no problems on my end. the problem lies in the amp..... every time i try to hook it up it sparkks and burns the wire even tryed removing the fuses and trying to hook it up but even with no fuses the amp still sparks and burns wire as soon as you put the power wire to the amp it starts smoking... now every other amp i own when ya full the fuses out you get nata no sparks noanything which is how its supposed to be when the fuses are out of the amp. but this one is fcked i have to return the amp its under warranty im just curious what the hell is wrong with it but it prolly could be a number of things like blow power supply amp internals hooked up back wards. or torids are blown. but with out going in the amp ya really cant tell.... i was just wondering if someone had similar expierence.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14891
Bobby

How can we help you without brand and model of your amp?

Is this problem occure with unhooked speakers and inputs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
us amps md 3d ive have brought this amp to 3 different car audio shops and nobody can hook it up without it sparking. this problem occurs when ever you try to connect power to it speakers hook up speakers not hooked up inputs hooked up inputs not hooked up doesnt matter you can not put power to the amp with out it smoking your wire ... everybody says they cant tell without openng the amp(which voids the warranty) now i know that something is wrong jst dont know what? Now the reason i dont like to give the name and modelof the amp is cuz sometimes people will just say oh that amp is crap thats why it wont work us amp sucks there not what the used to be and so on... thats why i didnt list it at first...

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14893
Bobby

It seem that the power supply section is broken, the info I have is that the fuses are for the amplifier section to protect a spark between the wire lead or speaker short.

Which wire gauge you use then which fuse amperes on fuse holder near the battery on power line?

Is this fuse blow?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3564
Holy f*ck Plymouth, I can't take reading your posts anymore.

Bobby, try removing your battery ground before connecting any wires to your amplifier. Make sure you have all your fuses in and everything secured tightly, then connect your battery ground back up.

Shouldn't have any problems then.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3565
*Negative post from the battery I should say.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
tryed that no go? maybe i should have been more clear..my bad... ok this amp will not except power from any car nor any power source it has been tryed in numerous cars and tryed on numerous benchs.. you cannot hook the amp p with out it sparkin and meltin wires.... so my question is why

Bronze Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 45
simple , the power circuit is shorted some where !

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11431
Amp is damaged, that's for sure. Im guessing a short across the power/ground internally before the fusing.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15376
x3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us