4 ohm solo x and 2 ohm amp. how to wire

Username: Pcarl2000

Post Number: 1
I have a dual 4 ohm kicker solo x and two 3000 watt va audio amps. should I turn them down and hook them both up, or just use one, and how do i wire them???

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 478
What model of VA Audio amp do you have? Let me know and I can answer your question better.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14874
Welcome to eCoustics pcarl2000

#4 wire for each amps then use a 1.5 farads capacitor or more near the amps!

Read it about capacitors:
http://www.squidoo.com/caraudiocapacitor

This page give 3 farads for your amps but you use it on 4 ohms then 1,5 farads can do the job!

Use both batteries will help you also!

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 481
capacitors? really? What does that have to do with his question? Read this about capacitors: http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/nocaplesson.html

Post Number: 2
not sure of model #. One is a 06 3000 watt, 1 ohm stable, the other is the same just a 07 modelthe amp is actualy 2 ohm, 3000 watt max

Post Number: 3
I am also running a red top battery with a 200 farad capacitor block so i am way covered on power for anything I could want to cram in my truck. I'm only working with a single cab f 150. Custom consule box between bucket seats. its still a work in progress. I have another solo x to put in, but I'm already having window seal problems with just one!~

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14879
Eric

Try that and listens to that with your own ears!

Compared a 1.5 farads capacitor with a 9 volts battery is a joke or he miss something!

Sorry but the question was ''how to wire''

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 484
I barely understood what you wrote. I just know that most people (that I've talked to) on here agree with Glass. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you disagree with what he wrote, talk to him, not me.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14882
Eric

It's no me which posted the link: http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/nocaplesson.html

The amplifier will give you more db without capacitor but if you search for sound quality the capacitor is the best choice.

Hi-fi or becibels? you can choose!

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 486
A good quality, proven SQ sub will do the same exact thing. I posted the link for the op to read and make his own decision.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 818
Caps are for stupid phucks

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11426
" I am also running a red top battery with a 200 farad capacitor block so i am way covered on power for anything I could want to cram in my truck "

hahaha. man you got some learning to do...

1) optima batteries are weak. any battery will work but not as good as a high quality batt.
2) capacitors are useless
3) two words: HO alternator

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 494
^ X2

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14904
That's because you like boom boom!

Just to see your Box without separators able to sound on only one frequency, not surprise to hear it!

Hi-fi is a science that you doesn't have!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us