Radio Code - Ford Fusion

Username: Tutty

Post Number: 1
Hi

My Ford Fusion was returned by a Ford Rapid Fit dealer after a repair with the radio out of service. I don't have a note of the code so popped back into the garage last week. They advise that they can't get access to my radio without them to removing the dash (they didn't have time when I popped in) to obtain the serial number!! My neighbour advised me that by logging my Vin number on the Ford Website - Ford supply the code to a dealer from whom I can retrieve it with a V5 form - but I can't find that service available on the Ford site either. Very frustrating - no radio for 2 weeks now and can't put it back into the garage for another week (time restraints, single mum). Vin number is WFOUXXGAJU3C12205 - can I get code now from this? PS: Should garage be able to charge me to reinstate the code?

Gold Member
Username: Regrooster

Post Number: 5135
You won`t be able to find the code by just quoting the VIN apart from asking at a Ford Dealer.

Check your car`s paperwork to see if there is a SERIAL NUMBER beginning with M + + + + + +
( or V + + + + + + or similar) then we may be able to help.

I thought that Ford Rapid Fit were part of the Ford dealer network. If so then they should have access to the Ford factory database and be able to lookup your code using the VIN.
If so, demand to speak to the manager !

Username: Tutty

Post Number: 2
Hi

FYI I took my car back to the Ford garage who had to remove dash and radio to obtain serial numbers. (Not usual 6 or 7 but a few longer ID numbers.) Code was still not available to them but they did contact main Ford, who in turn had to fax the German makers (BLAUPUNKT)to ask them to provide the number. Finally, just had word that my code has arrived and its 3530.

Apparently the problem was that it is not a standard radio but is a 'Pilot' cd/radio that includes Sat Nav.

Anyway, thanks for your help and just in case anyone else has the same type of radio, thought I would post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us