Orion hcca

Username: Jcfome

Post Number: 1
New to the forum- glad to see such a huge knowledge base!
Been in this a little while but not too seriously. Have some older Orion stuff I'd like to use and would love some thoughts.
I have: 2 3rd gen 225 HCCA's and 1 250 dig ref (2nd gen)
I want to run my hybrid clarus comps in the front (150 ish rms per) and my two JL 10w6v2d4 for subs (500 ish rms per).
TONS of research on my part on the HCCA's. It seems everyone knows the 225's are o.k. at .5 ohm stereo and I have found a lot of difference of opinion on the 250. The revised owner's manual (thanks, Tristan!) says it's .5 ohm stereo stable, as do a lot of guys who ran them that way.
So, my options are:
A. Run the comps with the 2 225's, bridged, one per side at approx 200 watts each(?), then the 250 bridged at 1 ohm, 1000 watts or so to the 2 subs. OR
B. Comps on the 250 at about 200 watts per side (4 ohm stereo), Subs on the 225's, two options there: 1 of them, at 1 ohm with subs parallel for a total of 600 watts or 2 of them with the signal split, 1 sub per amp at 2 ohms (400 watts ish per?)
On the one hand, I like the higher ohm loads of option B with tighter control, correct? On the other hand, I like the higher watts of option A.
Thank you! Your advice would be greatly appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us