How to wire sub

Username: Samaudio

Post Number: 1
Hi all im new to car audio and i got my first stuff today. ok so what i have is a 12" audiopipe TS-PR12RD woofer and a 800watt B-52 zl2080 amp. i just want to know whats the best possible way to hook this up.
The woofer is a 12" dual 4 ohm voice coil (2 Ohms or 8 Ohms oparation)

The amp specs:
4 ohms bridge max power: 800watts
2ohms max power :400w * 2
4 ohms max power:125w * 2
2 ohms max power: 200w *2
s/n raio: 85db
**as seen on the box.
it also says that it is 2 channel 2 ohm stable

can u please explain it all?

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 363
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

Username: Csaapproved

Post Number: 2
It's really a personal preference thing I think. I also believe you need to seriously consider what kind of enclosure you're using. I'd wire it differently if I were using ported versus sealed.

What's your preference of enclosure?

Bronze Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 49
well... the important spec when it comes to matching subs and amps is the RMS wattage not the max (this number is for show and means nothing). Cant really find any info on that amp.

you really only have one option tho because your sub is a dual 4ohm and your amp is only stable to 4ohms bridged, you cant bridge it in parallel because that would give you a 2ohm final load, that would fry ur amp most likely. You need to bridge it in series.

You have 2 Voice coils on this sub, hook 1 wire to the positive of the channel 1 on the amp to the positive of voice coil #1, then cut out a small wire and jump the negative of Voice coil#1 to the positive of Voice coil #2. Finally hook up a last wire from the negative of voice coil #2 to the negative of channel 2 on the amp..... heres a crappy drawing.
Upload

the amplifier should have instructions on how to bridge it. Follow those instructions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us