Possible ground loop?

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 256
I recently installed a pair of components in my car, just replacing the coaxil speakers i had in them. Now whenever i turn power on to my car there are loud bass noises coming from the subwoofers and the component woofers.
When i remove the rca cable from the amp it goes away.
I installed CDT 61i component speakers, paired with an Orion CO600.2.
I also have a hionics Bxi 1206d powering 2 rd audo classic subwoofers.
The speaker amp is at a 4 ohm load and the subwoofer amp is at a 1 ohm load.
I have them both grounded to the same point in the trunk, would this be the cause of it? It never has done this before and i did not change any of the settings on the amp or HU.

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 257
I forgot to mention that the headunit i am using is a Pioneer DEH3000IB

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5388
So you get the noise through Hifonics+ RD subs ONLY when the Orion amp is hooked up?

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 258
I had both amps before, but the orion was hooked up to a set of coaxils. I switched the coaxils with components and now I get a deep bass through the subwoofers and the midwoofers after i turn the car on. The noise goes away if i unplug the RCA from both amps.
I made sure the power wires or grounds are not crossing the RCA cables but it still does it.
Even if i power down the HU and take the faceplate off so no signal is being sent through the RCA cables it will continue to make this noise until I shut the car off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us