Odd situation

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 225
I recently installed a Audiopipe 1500D into my truck just to hear how it would compare to a Cadence Daytona DCA2500. Now at 2 ohm the Audiopipe is rate at 900 watts while the Cadence is rated at 1500 watts. Now, I installed the Audiopipe amp first and it sounded great on my 15' Alphasonik 800. Next, I took out the Audiopipe and installed the Cadence. I was expecting the Cadence to at least be as loud as the Audiopipe which anyone would but, the Cadence amp was pitiful in comparison in output to the Audiopipe. I adjusted all the gains and settings on both amps but for some reason in my truck the Cadence just didn't do much at all. Any input on this situation would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty knowledgeable with amplifiers and what not but this just has me puzzled.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 344
Possible bad amp?

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 226
Well I know that the Cadence isn't a bad amp because it's my friends amp and once we took it out of my truck we reinstalled it back into his vehicle and it worked like nothing was wrong. The amp was still working on a 2 ohm load because he has 4 dual 4 ohm woofers wired in series. It beat his subs just as hard as it ever did, way harder than my 15'. He has 4 10' Rockford Power HX2's with a 200 amp alt. and a few little batteries all in a custom 6-7 cubic foot box tuned at 38 hz.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11242
Those cadence amps are known to be over-rated. You're probably getting way less power than you think from it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us