Final help before purchasing

Bronze Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 26
Ok guys I need your final expert opinion before purchasing....

First off, I am settled on buying a sundown amp, my choice for the sub...a single FI Q 12 "or" a single FI Q 15...both RMS 1000 watts dual 2 ohms.

Questions..
1. Should I buy the SAX 1200D or SAZ 1000D?
2. The SAZ 1000D have proven it's self, is there any inherent problems with the SAX 1200D which replaces the SAZ1000D?
3. I am looking for clean loud bass, should I go with a single12'' FI Q Ported or a single 15'' FI Q sealed?
4. I am located in Canada, can you suggest a good online store where I can purchase the sundown amp.?

Thanks,
Shopvac.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 644
I cant really help you with which amp to buy,but i run a 15'' Q in a 4cuft box @35hz and it sounds amazing! I guess i comes down to how much room you have though.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.brands&category_id=3&bran d_ID=134

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Thanks SeanP, is that 4 cu ft sealed?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 651
No,its ported tuned to 35hz. I dont really know much about box specs,but a sealed box for a 15'' Q would definatly be smaller. What vehicle is this going in?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
VW 2000 Passat 4 door

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 652
You should have enough room to do a 15''Q ported if you want then. I have my stuffed in the trunk of a neon so...lol
but if you still want some room in your trunk then just go for the 15''Q sealed.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 653
And if you post this thread in the subwoofer section you will get more of a response
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us