"protect" light staying on amp, please help!

Username: Matty0234

Post Number: 1
So, I just bought my first amp and subs on craigslist for my 95 Honda Accord EX. Its a kicker amp, not sure which model exactly, pretty sure its a 200 watt, and a 12" 600 watt Xplod, and a 800 watt 12" Mtx. I know that this is not an optimal set up, I'm just learning about ohms and resistance and power and such, but I got it cheap to get me started. I intend to upgrade piece by piece. But for now, I got a wiring kit at wal mart, and got it all wired up properly (so I think). Turned the subwoofers on in the stereo settings, go back to the trunk to check, and its still driving the bass from the 6 1/2's on the back dash and not the subs at all. After noticing that it wasn't the power light that was on, and it was the protect light, I checked my fuses and wires, and it all seems to be good. I have a 50 amp fuse (came with the kit) running from the battery to the amp, and 30 amp fuse in the amp, so power is obviously running to the amp, therefore I dont think its the grounding wire or the remote or the power line. Any ideas?? Any input would be REALLY appreciated!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us