15" BL NEED AN AMP SUGGESTION

Username: Crete10

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 4
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AN AMP FOR MY 15" BL.... 1000W RMS 2000 MAX ANY SUGGESTIONS??????
AUTOTEK MEAN MACHINE?
KOLE?
HIFONICS?
RE/USAMPS?
PLANET AUDIO?
TRYING TO SPEND LESS THAN 300 LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 214
An Audioque AQ1200D would do well also the Elemental Designs ED Nine.1 would be a good choice. Also, you can get a refurbished Sundown Audio SAE-1200DV.2 amp from www.db-r.com. I would scratch Kole, and Autotek. The older US Amps used to be very nice. I've heard that their products aren't as well built anymore, but I would still say they are better than either Kole or Autotek. Planet Audio amps, I would say are also better than Kole and Autotek. Out of the brands you have listed however, I would go with US Amps.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 296
^x2

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 5
I FORGOT TO ADD THAT THE WOOFER IS SET FOR 2 OHMS SO THE FIRST AMP YOU SUGGESTED WAS ONLY AT LIKE 600W @ 2 OHMS I THOUGHT IT WAS NOT GOOD TO RUN LESS THAN RMS SO IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING AROUND 1000W RMS @ 2 OHMS RIGHT

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 624
So its a dual 1ohm then, right?

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 6
YES ITS DUAL 1OHM IM TRYING TO SEE IF THEY CAN CHANGE IT. IT SEEMS TO BE EASIER TO FIND 1OHM @ 1000W RMS

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 629
Yes it is,and in many cases cheaper too. What are you looking to spend anyway? Alpine mrp-1000 and kicker zx1000.1 do 1000wrms @2ohm. Or even the aq2200 will do what you need @2ohm too. A good buy at $389 shipped imo

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 630
Nevermind, i seen you want to keep it around $300.
Maybe find a used one somewhere? That is if you cant get it switched to a dual 2.

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 7
i dont mind used i did look into the Sundown Audio SAE-1200DV.2 i do like that i have not found any of the Audioque AQ1200D like suggested above i guess i have to wait and see what Nick says @ FI if he do it to 1ohm that would be great that is if its not to late... i just missed a great cadence amp on ebay last night im still mad about that 200.00 for a great amp

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 8
WHERE DO YOU GET THE AQ1200D I CAN NOT FIND THEM ANYWHERE..

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11205
Alpine MRP-M1000

Hook, line, sinker. Done. lol

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 631
http://www.audioque.com/aq/

Bronze Member

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 11
well i decided to go with a better amp than what i posted FI never received my emails trying to change the duel 1ohm to dual2 so i can run 1 ohm which would open doors on a lot of amps for less so i need an amp for 2 ohms is it ok to run less than rms than the sub i really wanted the audioq AQ1200D but its only 870X1 @ 2 ohm's and my sub is 1000w RMS the only other amp i like is the NINe.1 and its 900w @ 2 ohms so much for my sundown after reading up on them i really wanted the SAE-1200Dv2 but its only 600w @ 2 ohms ........ so what do you guys and gals think help me out i cant afford the sundown saz1500

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
I'd go with the ED Nine.1 because it is rated at 12.5 volts. Hopefully, your electrical system won't lag below 13 volts which would mean that the actual power output of the amp will be greater than rated since you'll be higher than 12.5 volts. The woofer will run fine on less wattage, just don't go cranking up the volume levels trying to get more output. Be smart!

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 665
Why not go with the alpine mrp-m1000? Its just what you need, 1000wrms @ 2ohm.

Bronze Member

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 12
dont they get really hot? and that is 1000w @14.4 Volts

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
Yes, It is 1000 watts rms @ 2 ohms rated at 14.4 volts.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=MRP-M1000

Bronze Member
Username: Jaymoung

Michigan

Post Number: 52
wait i thought if you wire a 2 ohm sub to each coil and send it out(1 vc to the other) to thhe amp youll be a 1 ohms....so you should be able to use a amp that does 1000rms @ 1 as long as you only using 1 sub

Bronze Member

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 13
I think that's .5 ohm I ended up getting the Nine1 amp it was rated I think 900 @ 12v so 14.5 should put me or around 1000w I've talked to a few who own it and have had other amps and they said it was great and that it was way under rated and it does not get hot. I think for 250 shipped new with 5 yr warrenty it's a good deal I would have rather got the audioq but was >200w difference but I hear it's a beast.

Just want to say thank you all for your help now I just need wire, big3, and a new bat under my hood

Bronze Member

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 14
It's a dual 1 ohm sub not dual 2 voice coil

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 671
Nice choice! Ive always heard good things about those amps. Post some pics an vids once you get everything up an running?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3191
Why not wire the sub to .5 Ohms? Try to look for an older RD1750.1 amp. That will give you the power you are looking for..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us