How to Hook speakers to amp. I have 4 6x8 a 1000 watt denon amp

Username: Ut2442

Post Number: 1
I have a 1000 watt kenwood amp with 2 channels and a 1000 watt xenon amp for speakers. I also have 2 10' kenwood subs and 4 6x8 kenwood speakers. I have two preouts on my head unit. The kenwood amp is for my subs and the denon for my speakers. I got 2 amp I stallation kits one for each amp. The question I have is if I hook to speakers to the denon amp would I be able to balance and fade the speakers.

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 192
Yes as long as you have the rcas in the correct spot on the HU.

Post Number: 2
Also is it ok to run both Power wires from the battery to the amp on the same side of the truck?

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Yes, but why don't you just run one power wire then use a fused distribution block?

Post Number: 3
It was cheaper to get a amp installation kit again from walmart then getting a distribution block and another RCA cable

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Yeah, but if you got the dual amp kit from Wal-Mart then it should have came with like 17 or so foot of probably 6 gauge power wire, 3 or so foot of 6 gauge ground, fuse holder, rem wire, distribution block, a few feet of probably 8 gauge power and ground wire to go from the distribution to the amps, and a second set of rcas. Did you only get a single amp kit?

Post Number: 4
Yeah I got the single one my walmart don't have the dual kit and bestbuy wants like 50-100 dollars for one

Post Number: 5
And I also already had a amp installation kit from before I got my new amp and didn't want it to go to waste.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
Okay, well if you actually insist on running two power wires instead of getting a distribution block, then yes you can run both power wires side by side, it won't make a difference. Just don't run your rcas next to your power wires, run them on the other side of the vehicle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us