Amp for new system?

Silver Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 289
I am thinking about getting a new system. I dont want to spend a lot. Maybe around 400 total for subs, box and amp. I used to have 2 12 inch volfenhags with a 250 watt hifonics amp in a bandpass box. I know people say volfenhag is crap but it was great for me. They dont make that amp anymore so i dont know what kind of amp to get. I am thinking i will get 2 12 volfenhags, or 1 Type R, or 2 12 cvr's. I found 2 12 refurb cvrs for 180, volfenhags would be 110 and type r would be around 120. Thanks in advance for your help!

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 130
If you willing to buy 2 Volfenhags at 110 a piece then why don't you just dish out a few more dollars and get 2 Type R's? If your budget is only 400 dollars I would just do 1 Type R, and a class d mono block amplifier that will at least do 500-600 watts rms @ 1 or 2 ohm depending on whether the sub is a dual 4 or a dual 2. Then I would contact Bassman3 (he is a member of this forum who is pretty easy to find) and have him build you a custom box for that Type R so you can get the most out of it. This is all just a thought!

Silver Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 290
Thanks for the reply. I think im set on 1 type r. Ill have to think about the amp and box a little more. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 132
No problem. Any other questions just ask.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us