New frontstage

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3817
What's up guys?

For the last year I've been waiting to do a new frontstage in my car, but haven't had the time nor spare cash laying around to do so. I think its time to change that...

I have a C55 AMG Mercedes and want to keep everything looking stock as possible. This means I want to keep the stock HU and stock door pods as well.

As of right now I have 2 Dayton Titanic 10"s and a Kicker 650.1 for substage. I would like to keep the Dayton's but I plan on replacing the amp.

My first idea is to run...
Audison Bit One
Hertz MLK 2
Audison LRX 5.1k

That would give the tweets ~50w, mids ~160, and subs ~500-600w each. I'd rather run a 2 way even though I love the Hertz 3 ways due to space issues. Also I have a shop local that works magic with the bit one so he will be doing all the alignment.

If anyone has a better option on gear please let me know.

-Jake

Username: Frank12391

Sydney, N.S.W Australia

Post Number: 2
There is a Rockford 360 which is similar to a bit 1 but the Audison is superior. The Audison amp is a nice choice & keeping the brands the same is a good idea. Hertz & Audison are manufactured by Eletromedia (Italy) Same mother company. The kicker amp is letting you down IMO. Run the MLKs in an active set up off the bit 1 rather than the passive xovers. The Bit 1 can do all that. It has all the time alignment, xover adjustments necessary. But have you looked at Rainbow products for front stage? Why limit yourself to 1 brand. Don't get me wrong, I have the HSKs & I love them but I would definitely go Rainbow if I could afford it. They are brilliant. Profi vanadium or vanadium kick. Rainbow has quite an extensive range. Also CDT are very very nice also. Really big on the mid bass that blend really well with the subs. The EURO frame range kick are great in the SQ dpt. I don't know if you can get Crescendo Opus in the USA as we do here in Australia, they seem to be taking out a lot of trophies here for SQ. Love em too but the tweets might be a prob for you, they are quite large & I don't know if you can integrate them into the interior without some work but, done right, it can look factory. I have seen them molded into the front pillars, giving you great sound stage. I would keep a spare factory set of pillar covers for if or when you sell your car & replace it back to factory. Go out & audition as many front components as you can is my advice. Good luck.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3826
Yeah I used to run Rainbows back in the day. I like the Profi's, Germanium's, and Vanadium's but not as much as the Hertz. I've heard several sets of CDT speakers, not sure what models tho. All nice but not really anything that stood out to me.

I plan on running everything through the Bit One, Hertz lets you buy the speakers individually so its much cheaper than getting the set with the crossovers.

I used to run a modded HSK 3 way with dual 6.5s, dual mids, and a single tweet on each side. It was awesome because you could have it on lower volume and sound amazing or crank it up and get stupid loud. I dont have the space to do anything like that so keeping to a simple 2 way will do.

I've thought about molding the tweets in the A Pillars. I did it in my last vehicle and liked the look/sound.
Upload

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3828
Anyone know of other high powered 5 channels?

Having a hard time comparing them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us