New frontstage

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3816
What's up guys?

For the last year I've been waiting to do a new frontstage in my car, but haven't had the time nor spare cash laying around to do so. I think its time to change that...

I have a C55 AMG Mercedes and want to keep everything looking stock as possible. This means I want to keep the stock HU and stock door pods as well.

As of right now I have 2 Dayton Titanic 10"s and a Kicker 650.1 for substage. I would like to keep the Dayton's but I plan on replacing the amp.

My first idea is to run...
Audison Bit One
Hertz MLK 2
Audison LRX 5.1k

That would give the tweets ~50w, mids ~160, and subs ~500-600w each. I'd rather run a 2 way even though I love the Hertz 3 ways due to space issues. Also I have a shop local that works magic with the bit one so he will be doing all the alignment.

If anyone has a better option on gear please let me know.

-Jake

Bronze Member
Username: Frank12391

Sydney, N.S.W Australia

Post Number: 13
That is a nice feature I find with my Hertz, sound great down low & go loud when u crank it. With amps, Not many high powered 5 channel amps around. I would get a high power 4 channel for your front stage then get a decent mono block. have you looked at Tru tech, Audiosystems - twister range , Celestra, Brax, Arc audio - but xxk range (not Foose). Very nice amps, very high quality & very clean strong power. Then for your mono, get an audison lrx1 mono or Hertz ep1d Both buckets of power. Remember, there is never too much power to your speakers except over excursion as maximum undistorted power = sound quality, just gain them down & you will get maximum performance out of your speakers. I currently have HSKs which are rated at 120 RMS with 180 RMS to them & 2 x Rockford P3 subs rated at 400 RMS each with 1200 RMS between them. All DD amps. Power on tap is where it's at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us