Sony 1000 watt 4ohm amp to a legacy 12 duel voice coil sub how can i wire it

Username: Eraymond

Post Number: 8
i would like to know how to wire my sony xplode 1000 watt 2 channel 4ohm stable amp to a legacy 12 inch dvc 4ohm sub without burning anything up, ive went through two subs, the amp smokes them. right now the subs wired positive on one vc to the negative on the other vc then the positive negative from the other two vc's to the amp bridged, should i run it this way because already twice now my third new sub started smelling like burnt electronics so i turned it down and then it was fine the smell went away should i run the wires to the amp just one channel instead od bridged, is that the problem?? please help

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 878
The problem is the amp is not stable below 4 ohms bridged. Running it lower than 4 ohm is sending too much voltage, a clipped signal, to your woofers and is burning them up. If you want to keep the amp, get a DVC 2 ohm woofer that can be wires to a 4 ohm load. Also make sure your gain is set correctly when you do get a new sub. If you wanted to run 2 subs, you could get 2 DVC 4 ohm woofers and wire them to a 4 ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 879
If you want to just run one DVC 4 ohm woofer, you could run it at an 8 ohm load. Set the gain accordingly. If you run at an 8 ohm load, whatever the amp is rated at doing bridged at a 4 ohm load, it will do half of that.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us