Please respond with any info

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 227
alright, the new crutchfield just came today. i was browsing around and i came across a nice looking, small foot-print amp.

i no they are normally over priced, but it just so happens they have the cheapest price now for the kicker 08ZX200.4

here's the specs: 35 rms x 4@4ohms
50 rms x 4@2ohms
100 rms x 2@4ohms bridged

and for $99 this looks like it will be perfect for what i need. so my question is will 35 rms be able to power my type-s 5 1/4's? or should i upgrade to some 2ohm speakers if i were to go with this amp?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 873
35 rms will be plenty to power your speakers. How much power they are seeing is going to determine how loud they're going to be able to get. Are you running any subs? If you're just running internal speakers with no subs, 35 rms will be plenty. It wouldnt hurt anything to get the 2 ohm and run 50 rms, but 15 rms really isnt going to make a huge difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
yeah, im running a DD9515G. it's in a 4.5 cuft aero-ported box at 40hz. but im only running about 1500wrms to it for now.

i no a lot of people here say rear fill is a waist of time, money, and throws off stereo imaging but i still wana give it a try. and with this amp, it would be perfect if it wasn't enough. i would just use it to power the front 2 untill i upgraded to 2ohm speakers.

either way it's guna sound a ton better, right? nothing worse than head unit power...

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 875
You may actually need a little better speakers/components and more power to them to keep up with 1500 rms in the trunk. Best way is to hook it up, play it and see how it sounds to you. If the bass is a little over powering you could get a moderate pair of components up front and run 100 rms to them bridged.

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
another thing is it's in a 2001 jeep cherokee sport. so all the bass is right there ya no. id'e really like to be able to hear the mids and highs.

what would you personally recommend for speakers or even a set of components?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14280
rear fill is ok if set up right

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
ok, what do you mean buy set up right? how would you have it set up?

im just guna buy the amp either way tho, it will still work for just a front stage. seems like a good deal, went from 200 to 99..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us