Ways an amp can blow

Username: Yungndumb

Scottsdale, AZ

Post Number: 7
So I had an MTX600xd that I stopped using and kept for two years. I had it tested recently, and it worked beautifully. I posted it on Craigslist, sold it, and now the purchaser is telling me that it is blown. I was wondering how can an amp be blown so fast. Should return his money? It was pushin 2 10s hard at the shop that tested it for me. He blew his diamond audio amp...IDK? he claims he went to best buy and had them test it but they say it was blown, but he has had in his possession for a month.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5245
So he hooked it up and blew it? He needs to include more detail like what else is hooked up to his system, how the subs are wired, what gauge wire he used etc. He probably blew it himself by poor hookup, especially if it was replacing a Diamond Audio amp that had blown hooked up the same way.

It's a sketchy line. I'd be wary of refunding money when it wasn't installed by a "professional" installer (even Best Buy counts). And if you had it tested yourself before it shipped, then I wouldn't refund the money. It was working perfectly, and he had his chance to tell you if it was broken or not the day he got it.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13812
after a month it's his loss. sorry.
he probably shorted the speaker wires and blew out the finals.

keep the money, say sorry but after a month you have no way to know what the cause was, and the amp was fully tested prior to shipment.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5263
And typically craigslist is an 'AS-IS' type of transaction unless otherwise stated. At least that's the vibe I've gotten when using it.

Username: Yungndumb

Scottsdale, AZ

Post Number: 8
thank you for your responses to my thread...i'll be sure to keep your thoughts in mind
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us