Best amp for Polk db6501 6 1/2's 200w rms a pair

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 309
Which is a better SQ amp for front component speakers. Punch 200.2 or Alpine MRD-M300 which is 300w rms mono @ 2 ohms. I got a feeling the alpine is WAAYYY better than punch on mids, I'm only familiar with punch on subs, maybe I can learn something new on this thread, am I wrong??

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 312
Auction almost over can someone tell me?

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 314
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 210
the punch 200.2 since the alpine would only put bass to your speakers, maybe you could go up to 500 hz lol.

you need a 2 channel amp
look into eclipse, i have an eclipse 2 channel amp and it is by far the best sounding amp for the money, ive had that punch 200.2 before and it embarasses that amp in sq, but the rockford is powerful.
what made u decide on polks? sorry im not much of a polk fan, but if you havent bought them yet i suggest going with component speakers unless those are i didnt look them up

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
here is the amp i use for my dls speakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECLIPSE-EA2000-NEW-2-CH-AMP-350-WATT-MAX-SQ-AMPLIFIER-/130395739669?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1e5c311615

i actually payed less for it tho i think i got mine for like 45 brand new a long time ago, there was absolutely no way i could pass on it for that price

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
here it is used but much cheaper
http://cgi.ebay.com/Eclipse-EA2000-Car-Amplifier-/160437836102?cmd=ViewItem& pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item255ad71946

i highly suggest this amp as long as you are using it for speakers that are 4 ohms and not for a sub. you honestly cannot go wrong with this amp, you can pay much more money to have more power and better looking stats but performance wise you can't get better sq for the money

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 317
the polks are components and take 100w rms each speaker. What about this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D390205523063

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 318
If I get the one used you showed me that'll be about 87rms. The components are 100w rms speakers so they might distort or am I right on point with the 200x2 rms @ 2 ohm eclipse amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
i think its like 60 watts per channel at 4 ohms, but dont worry about not having 100 watts rms, that eclipse amp will get your speakers to sound amazing and they will get plenty loud to make your ears ring. the link u showed didnt work, but im not a huge fan of polk, i would personally suggest something different, or at least listen to some at a store first before you buy them.
But I promise you can't go wrong with that amp.

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 319
you prefer alpine components over polk components??

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11130
Alpine is hard to beat as far as mainstream brands go. Of course there is better stuff like CDT, DLS, and the like tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us