Can you do this? If so, how?

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 305
I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3... I think my RCA Jacks went out for my subs... ( I pray it's not my RCA inputs in my MA Audio hk401sx - hope not ).

But I was wondering if you could have an AFTERMARKET CD PLAYER ( My screen ) & have an L.O.C Adaptor installed at the same time???? ( The Speaker wire to RCA Output convertor box ) If so, how would you go about doin' that? ( I HONESTLY THINK THAT IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE )

Would you connect the adaptor to the wires BEHIND the CD Player??? Or would you connect the adaptor the way you would if you still had a factory headunit???

Thanks for reading & thanks for the help in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5215
It can definitely be done. I'm sure some people have done this not knowing about RCA outputs on aftermarket head units, or even having maxed out the existing RCA outputs on the head unit.

You can connect the LOC just as you would a factory head unit--nothing changes. It would be most convenient to do it at the rear speakers since if you did it behind the head unit, you'd have to run RCA cable all the way to your subs in the rear.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13774
yes you can use a LOC on an aftermarket stereo's speaker leads.
yes it's been done.
many times.

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 306
I'm hoping this works and it's just my RCA outputs on the Indash or even just the RCA cables.... Cause I love that HK401sx and I hope the RCA Inputs on it haven't messed up.

* How can I check to see if though RCA inputs have messed up???

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13778
use a different source, like an iPod with an 1/8" to stereo RCA adapter cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us