Crunch 1000.2 2-Channel Amp

Username: Lulions80

Post Number: 1
I have an enclosure with 2 JackHammer 45's in it, I am going to power it with a Crunch 1000.2 2-Channel Amp, however my subs are at 2-ohms and my amp bridged will run at 4-ohms, so can i just use one channel and leave the other channel open, or will this damage my amp?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 781
Are your subs each single 4 ohm? If they are dual 4 ohm you can rewire it to run at a 4 ohm load to the amp. If not you are going to need a mono block amp, the amp you have isnt going to work. You wouldnt want to run just one channel.

Username: Lulions80

Post Number: 3
they are each 4 ohm subwoofers, they are wired parallel in the box

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 785
If they are dual 4 ohm woofers then you can wire them like this

Upload

and they could run off the amp at 4 ohms, so you could use the amp you have.

Bronze Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 45
Since those subs are single 4 ohm coils you could wire them series in the box to give you an 8 ohm load on the amp. So, instead of the amp putting out 500x1 @ 4 ohms bridged it would most likely be putting out around 250x1 @ 8 ohms bridged. Doing it this way would pretty much give you the same power output as using one channel on the amp and this way it would be a mono signal instead of a stereo signal. This is just a thought.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 219
I highly suggest getting rid of the amp you have now, it sucks doing this but it will be worth it, then let me know a budget and i will help you find a good mono amp to power those subs.
Why do i say this? because to use that amp to power those subs you just dont have any sufficent power, you dont want to run at 8 ohms and you dont want to use 1 channel per sub. Its basically just wasting the amp, and wasting the money you spent on the amp.
And being a 2 channel class a/b that amp isnt very efficent, a class d is going to get louder off the same power while drawing less current.
a mono channel amp will give you plenty of power at 2 ohms and your system will sound much better

Bronze Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 48
I agree with cwruck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us