What amp can push L7's?

Username: Fatboi88

Harvey, IL United States

Post Number: 1
Hey I'm new to the site and had a quick question for the guys who know more than me.. I'm planning on buying 2 Kicker L7's 2 Ohm..just wondering what amp could push these good without giving out at high slamming point?Does anybody think a Hifonics Bruts 1500 watt amp could do the job? if not which amp could..

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13565
dual 2 ohm coils per sub?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 718
If theyre dual 2 ohm, wire each to 4 ohm, then run to the amp at 2 ohms.

Upload

Running them this way, a Kicker 1500.1 would be ideal for them. Set the gain to 54.77 volts with a DMM (digital multi-meter) and it'll be right at 1500 rms, feeding 750 rms to each woofer. This is of course rated at 14.4 volts, so doing the Big 3 upgrade will help to maintain your voltage and get as close to full power from the amp as possible. When setting the gain, set everything on the HU to zero and play a 50 Hz sine wave and at 75% max volume.

Bronze Member
Username: Ja205

Post Number: 51
the hifonics will push them good. the kicker will do better but more money

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14141
the hifonics wont work with dual 2 ohm subs since they need a 1 ohm load to get maximum power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
hes going to be running them at a 2ohm load. there is no need to run those subs at a 1ohm they are to over rated. he should just get the hifonics brutus 2000 amp and at a 2ohm load he will be pushing about 650 or so to each sub

Bronze Member
Username: Tkzone

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 27
oVERRATED? L7's? what are you smokin You mean that chinese maxxsonics amp RIGHT? OH i forgot its all chinese nowadays oh well U can still get ppi on ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
yeah im smoking that good sh1t
and yes kicker subs are over rated

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13663
the square solobaric subs have a number of design flaws. They aren't very good subs unless you only care about being louder than everyone else on a limited budget in your high school's parking lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Tkzone

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 32
I dont own them or recomend them Im runnin two cvr 12's dvc4's parallel / parallel at the amp for a one ohm load in a spl box and i wouldnt trade for nothin.anyway my comment was about their power handling being overrated

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13677
eh power handling is just a thermal rating for the coils.

I like the CVRs. good general purpose subs for a fair price. Similar to the alpine type R subs in that regard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us