Single alpine type r 12" 4 ohm could i wire it with oldschool alpine mrv-1505?

Username: Jmcaninch

Post Number: 6
I have one alpine type r 12" the 4 ohm dvc one. what are my wiring options with the alpine mrv-1505 with the following specs:

RMS Power (at 12V, 20Hz--20kHz)
Per channel into 4 ohms .................. 150W x 2 (0.08% THD)
Per channel into 2 ohms ....................... 300W x 2 (0.3% THD)
Bridged 4 ohms ........... 600W x 1 (0.3% THD)

RMS Power (at 14.4V, 20Hz--20kHz)
Per channel into 4 ohms .................... 225W x 2 (0.08% THD)
Per channel into 2 ohms ................... 450W x 2 (0.3% THD)
Bridged 4 ohms .................... 900W x 1 (0.3% THD)

Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 10
You really only have 2 options either wire the subs coils in a series that will give you 8 ohms, or run the wires in a parallel which will give you a 2 ohm load. Since 8 ohms will pretty much be worthless wire the sub in parallel and then just connect it to one channel on the amp. If you were to bridge the amp, it would be to low of an ohm for the amp to sustain and it would most likely end up damaging the amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13319
two ways to wire up that amp with that sub, and both yield the same result. 300 watts for the sub. 150 watts per oil.

That's not enough power, and you're going to be tempted to turn the gain on the amp up too far to compensate, which will cause clipping, and can damage the sub.

a 4 ohm DVC sub and a 2 ohm stable 2 channel amp are a bad combination.

Get a 2 ohm stable mono amp, instead.

The Audioque AQ1200D is 600 watts @ 2 ohms, which is ideal for that sub, and it sells right from audioque.com for $249 shipped.

Get the AQ amp, and put that 2 channel Alpine on your front speakers. You'll love the results.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us