I have everything jus need bit of help 1st time install

Username: Kaneryantipping

Spain

Post Number: 1
hey everyone i just purchased the following.....
pioneer deh-7200sd hu
jbl gto 1202d 12" sub and box
jbl gto 1004 amp 4 channel
jbl gto 938 6x9 parcel shelves
tsunami 8awg wiring kit

so i want to connect the 2 6x9 speakers to channel 1 & 2 and then the sub to channel 3 & 4
my question is that the wiring kit i have has only 1 set of rca's so will i need a total of two or three ?
here is my my amp (http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/ OwnersManual/om_gto1004_english.pdf) for the front it has: aux out R&L, input R&L, and for the rear it has input R&L also do i connect rca's like this from hu...... front R&L output on hu to front input on amp .. and from sw output on hu to rear input on amp ? or something else... im not going to start fitting till i know everything .. thanks on any help given to me will be much appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13227
you need a sub that offers you a single 4 ohm coil, or dual 2 ohm coils, since bridged, the amp will only be 4 ohm stable.
you'll also want 2 pair of RCA cables (4 channels total) and your head unit should have F/R/S pre-outs (3 pair) of which you'll use the front and sub pre-outs.

If you're using front speakers as well, I would strongly suggest you consider using the 4 channel amp to drive the four cabin speakers (front/rear) and get a second amp (mono sub amp) and exchange the amp wiring kit for a "2 amplifier wiring kit" (you'll need a total of 3 pair of RCA cables) to run the sub on it's own amp.
This would be ideal, else your rear speakers will overpower the fronts and completely destroy any sort of soundstage.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13228
PS, if you go the route of a separate mono amp for the sub, get a dual 4 ohm, or single 2 ohm coil sub, so you can go 2 ohms @ the amp and get more power.

Spain

Post Number: 2
ok right for now i will keep it like this till i got some money lol,
here are sub specs
12" 1200W peak subwoofer
Dual Voice coil design (dual 2-ohm, pre-wired as a 4-ohm sub)
Power Handling, RMS: 300 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 1200 Watts
Frequency Response (±3dB): 28Hz - 450Hz
Sensitivity: 93dB
Mounting Depth: 5-1/16"
Cut-Out Diameter: 11-3/16"
ok so if i put 1 pair of rca from HU (front) and 1 pair from HU (SW) where do they go to because on amp it only has rear and front input. do i put front HU to front amp and SW HU to rear on amp ? even though the speakers will be in rear shelf, and do i disconnect the rear standard speakers ? for total of 4 speakers
thankyou very much i really appreciate

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13233
>12" 1200W peak subwoofer
meaningless spec

>Dual Voice coil design (dual 2-ohm, pre-wired as a 4-ohm sub)
This. Ideal for a bridged amp like you have. Run it @ 4 ohms.
If you go separate amp, look at the Audioque AQ1200D. It's $249 shipped from their own website, it's 1200WRMS @ 1 ohm (which your sub can be wired for) or 300 watts RMS @ 4 ohms (your RMS handling for one sub) You can even add a second dual 2 ohm sub to get a 2 ohm load on the amp for 300 watts per sub.

>Power Handling, RMS: 300 Watts
more useful to know. this is a thermal measure of how much power the sub can take continuously without damage to the coils from heat.

head unit front channel RCA -> amp front channels RCA inputs -> 6x9 speakers

head unit SW out -> amp rear channel inputs -> bridged rear amp channels -> subwoofer (right pos, left neg speaker wires, or whatever it specifies for the bridged mode output from teh amp.)

This is what you want.

Later when you have a bit more to spend, you will want to buy something like that AQ1200D, a decent set of front speakers, and a power distribution block and a bit more power/ground wire, at which time your setup will go like this:

head unit front RCAs -> front amp channels -> front speakers
head unit rear RCAs -> amp rear channels (stereo) -> 6x9s
head unit sub RCAs -> sub amp -> subwoofer

This will be a terrific little setup. clean, clear, and loud enough for daily use.

you now have a clear upgrade path setup for you.

Spain

Post Number: 3
man youre great you have helped me alot i couldnt find any info like this on web i am deffo going to do that after i pay off loan for car lol thanks alot

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13236
no harm in doing things in steps.
you're better off doing step by step for quality parts as you can afford the work, than trying to do it all at once on a next-to-nothing budget and cheaping out on the gear in the process.

You'll be much happier with the end result, and appreciate it in the end for the wait it took to accomplish it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us