Audiopipe 1500d do rated power????

Username: Caraudioman

Post Number: 6
i know it does not do clean signal, but ive seen on lots other forums ppl saying the audiopipe 1500 and 3000 does all that they say at 14.4, but i wanted to ask you ppl cause yall sound more knoledgeable. will it really do 1500rms @ 1ohm?

i have a memphis crossover to go with it to.

its only $165 bran new with shipp, im actually tryin to stay round there for my budjet, but i want close 1500rms

thanks

Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 4
It might do what it says at 14.4 volts, but one must think that for it to have a continuous output of 1500 rms the vehicle must sustain a constant 14.4 volts. Meaning that the vehicle will probably need some updating such as alternator, battery, and wiring. I've personally never used a Audiopipe amplifier so knowing how true their claims are I couldn't help you there. I'm just saying that if their claims of the rms power are true, it won't matter if you can't sustain the voltage.

Post Number: 7
"" It might do what it says at 14.4 volts, but one must think that for it to have a continuous output of 1500 rms the vehicle must sustain a constant 14.4 volts. Meaning that the vehicle will probably need some updating such as alternator, battery, and wiring. I've personally never used a Audiopipe amplifier so knowing how true their claims are I couldn't help you there. I'm just saying that if their claims of the rms power are true, it won't matter if you can't sustain the voltage. ""

well that goes for many companies right, most are rated to do there rms ratings @ 14.4, for example the same thing goes foe an audioque 1200d rite it does 1200 if u keep it up at a solid 14.4 volts, most companies will rate there power ratings at 14.4, unless for sundown sae 1200d v2 rated at 12.8 or some DD amps.

so i was just sayin it the audiopipe really is true, it should do plus watever the aq 1200d right???? whick i know the audiopipe amps are low quality built but many ppl says they best true non clean for the power rite???

i know the aq is a much better amp, but were talkin bout true watts even if the a pipe is not clean power, will it do the rated???

thanks}

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13192
This all depends on the amplifier's power supply.
A tightly regulated PWM power supply will put out the same power at any voltage (within a specified range like 11-16VDC) whereas a loosely regulated or unregulated power supply will vary the output in correlation to the input voltage. Examples:
PPI (named Precision Power for just this reason) uses a tightly regulated power supply for a more consistant output, whereas Orion has used unregulated power supplies to get more output at higher input voltages. (This was why some of the Orion engineers left Orion to form PPI back in the day. Disagreements over design and power supply topology.)

That said, yes, to get a 14.4VDC output you will most likely need a high output alternator with an adjustable external voltage regulator, and the alternator will need to be capable of delivering sufficient current to the amplifier (in your case 150+A in addition to what the car itself and any additional amplifiers would require) to avoid a sag in voltage rails. Most stock alternators have an output above idle of 13.8VDC.
You will also need to be above idle with nearly any alternator as, at idle, the alternator does not put out it's full current rating as it's not delivering a bias current to charge the battery.
Note HOT and COLD ratings for the alternator too, as when the alternator gets warmed up, it's output also drops.

All of that aside, any amplifier used within specification, and properly adjusted, will put out clean power. The power it puts out may not be as much as you want, but it will be clean.
When a signal gets "dirty" it's generally caused by someone turning up the gain too far, or having insufficient current supplied to the amp due to bad or insufficient wiring, or inadequate charging systems.

"I want more bass, dude"
"Oh, just crank this gain knob all the way up then!"

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 106
how do you know what amp is going to have a regulated power supply or not?

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13211
look at it's specs, or ask the manufacturer.

Post Number: 8
thanks yall, i just needa know if it is a true rms rating amp, dont really care bout quality cause it only 165$

i gotta order it verrry soon, but yall have any idea bout tha apipes? i mean if it will really do 1500rms im buyin it, i just dont wanna buy it and it only truley push sayyy 800 or sumin, it the amp gonna do the rated????

thanks to all

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13220
You personally will never see 1500 watts from any amplifier rated for a peak output of 1500 watts RMS.

That rating is measured with a resistive dummy load, using a test tone of white noise from 20Hz-20KHz at full 0db reference signal strength.

You'll be at a fraction of that using a dynamic input source, with a reactive load attached to the amplifier, with the volume knob on your stereo below 100%, and with most likely, an inadequate charging system to support 150+ amperes of current draw.

In short, no amplifier that cheap is going to produce a clean 1500 watts RMS. If you want a cheap amplifier, then just buy it and stop worrying about it. You get what you pay for. You'd be better off asking us what the best amplifier you can buy would be, for a fixed amount of money, or asking how much the cheapest good amp is, with XXXX amount of power. Never set a price, AND a power spec and ask for suggestions. It usually doesn't work that way on that tight of a budget.

This is similar to the old adage about cars. You can have any two of the following three:
1. Fast
2. Reliable
3. Cheap

Pick two.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13221
If you want accurate power ratings on amplifiers, only buy amplifiers that offer a CEA2006 specification for output. It's the ONLY way you can be sure the output is "accurately rated."

Post Number: 9
i ordered a SUNDOWN SAE 1200D V2, is that good amp?

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13249
yeah sundown amplifiers are very good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thankyou glasswolf i heard they was good so thats why i ordered it, but hadda make sure though lol

thanks

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13255
You wouldn't be making a bad choice to go with Sundown for both a mono sub amp, and a 4 channel amp for the fronts/rears. (or bridged for fronts only, either way)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us