Information

Username: Dinero

Post Number: 1
I'm going to install two OLM1612
12" DVC 2 U 3200 W MAXX 1600 W RMS, two Hifonics BXI 1610D 1600RMS, JVC KW-AVX720 Double-DIN Multimedia and a couple of screens. I currently have a Isuzu Axiom 2003 the altenator is 90amp, I know I'm going to have to upgrade it and put new batteries, how high should i get the Alt. and how may kenetik should I get. Thank you for your help.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13173
you're going to put all of that powe to two 12" subs, and not use an amplifier for the front speakers? Your subs are going to drown out everything else, you know.

@ 3200 watts RMS from two class D amplifiers, you're looking at an additional 320A of current draw at full output.

Are you planning to run this system for daily music use, or SPL competitions, or what? If as a competitor, then with which body (IASCA, USACi, etc) and which classes? I need to know if this system will be used with the engine running or off to determine the best configuration for the charging system.

Username: Dinero

Post Number: 2
For the front speakers a Hifonics ZXI 6410 680W A/B Class Multi-Channel Amplifier, this is for a daily use I have been thinking of maybe entering a competition, It will be used on and off in occasion. Thank you again for your help

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13182
so 360A for the audio system, if you run @ 4 ohms x 4 channels for the class AB amp. 400A draw if you run it bridged @ 4 ohms or 2 ohms x 4 channels.

You're going to want at least 2 Kinetik 2400 batteries isolated from the starter battery. Maybe 3 of them.
You'll also want an alternator in the 250-300A range with 14.4VDC output above idle.
you'll want 1/0 gauge power and ground lines run to the isolated batteries (not chassis grounds for that much draw)
you'll also want to use fused distribution blocks for power.
You'll also need a battery rack or trays to hold those batteries for the audio system, and two battery bars (neg and pos, 1 each) to connect all the batteries.

Also invest in sound damping materials to reduce noise in the car and improve the cabin efficiency.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us