Zx1500.1 3 12" Type R's?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4118
Its been forever since i been on here.. i jsut got a steal on a zx1500.1 from a friend brand new still in box he never got around to buying the rest of the stuff to install the dd9515 i sold him... i got a new car now but it cant handle that sub.. i wanna do 3 12's im thinking type R.. but i forget a lil on how the ohms add up with 3 subs... any opinions about it? im think dual 2ohm wired all to 4 ohm and then wire in thats like 1.33 or 1.66ohm or somthing right? i believe the zx1500 can handle that no prob.. like i said been a long time.. and no subs on hand to check others wit DMM.. also anyone ever run them at like 38hz? im trying to figure out wat best box setup would b tuning and net for 3 12's alpine type r

Gold Member

Post Number: 4119
i payed 250$ delivered for anyone who is wondering ;) AND I KNO FOR FACT it has never been installed even to test straight from kicker, well beside the test they run to get the benchmark i think this one said somthing like 1600-1700rms

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2144
your car cant handle what sub?

3 dual 2s
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=3&I=22

3 dual 4s
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=3&I=42

why not just get 2 subs?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 580
I'm assuming tuning it so high you're shooting for SPL. 3 12's should do awesome on that amp. The type R's do great with 2 cubic feet per sub, so you're looking at 6 cubic feet for an enclosure for all 3. That may be something to consider.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4120
i can use the entire trunk not worried about that, i just wanna wang again... i miss having the 2 9515's i wanna get somthing that will atleast get somwhere as near as where i pushed those to for daily driving which was only about 2krms for daily.. when i wanted to piss people off id turn it to 5k haha had 2 of the zx2500.1's but i figured 3 subs should do fairly good for that amp, and 15's would take to much more space..

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2153
2 15s would give you more cone area than 3 12s. thats if you have the space to run either
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us