Wiring

Username: Kbpewitt

Post Number: 1
My amp says :4 ohms: 300 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 600 watts x 2 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

Which wiring system would get the most watts? I bought a capacitor but should I wire it parallel or series?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 344
To get the most out of your amp,you definatly want to bridge it at 4ohms. For that you would need two dual 4ohm subwoofers wired like the bottom diagram.
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42
Do you have the subs already?

Post Number: 2
Yes I have Dual 12" 4 Ohm...what exactly does bridge mean? I only found 2 different wiring techniques...lol sorry im a girl and i dont rly know what im doing..I bought the package deal Visonik V212BS...if that helps any..

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 347
Got ya. Ok to bridge that amp, simply run your + wire from your speaker box to the +(L) and your - wire to the -® on your amp. Understand?

Post Number: 3
ok got it...thank you so much..ive been so worried about wiring that thing.. i get it in on monday so I'll let you know if I have anymore questions..aint really sure how to wire the capacitor but hopefully ill be able to figure that out..thanks alot..

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 348
Your welcome. As far as the cap goes. You really arent going to need it. There kind of a waste of money,but if you do decide to install it and your not to sure. Just post something on here,im sure somebody will help you out. Good luck!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13140
oh brother.

2 ohms stereo and 4 ohms bridged put out exactly the same amount of power. A bridged amp is only stable to twice the load at which the amp is stable in stereo, so it's still the same max amount of power either way.

A capacitor won't do anything for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us