Best way to do a 1/0 Run

Bronze Member
Username: Bloodforge

Post Number: 31
Ok, I kinda looked for recent topics so I wouldn't have to start a new one but didn't find much.

Just trying to figure out the best way to do 1/0 runs, some people I've spoken to locally at shops do there 1/0 runs under the car along the frame, others have suggested pulling the seats and running thru the interior of the car. I've done mine already, running thru the interior and it left a few lumps under the carpeting because i couldn't find anywhere good to tuck it away, and trim wouldn't fit back down correctly with the 1/0 under it. Which forced me to running under the carpet.
Is there any drawbacks to running thru the frame under the car?
I'm mostly wondering about the effects the weather would have on the run.

This run is in a 2003 impala.

Once again thanks, you guys have been most helpful on these forums.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 564
Its much safer to run the wire through the inside of the car. Having it below the car does leave it exposed to weather and whatever else may come across it. I suppose if it was done very nicely and totally secure along the frame it may work, but inside the car would be your best bet.

Bronze Member
Username: Bloodforge

Post Number: 32
yeah that's what I was figuring, just need to find a way to route it a bit better to loose the lumps in carpet, also read somewhere, you can possibly do it up thru the headliner to the back. Heh right now I wish I had a full center console to run it under, but nada.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13106
run it where you need to run it for aesthetics, but here's the key to running power lines, grounds, speaker wire, and interconnects:

You can run signal and power lines side by side without fear of noise in the system (Richard Clark did a nice proof of this some years back.) What you must NOT do is run them anywhere near the car's wiring for the ignition system, or near any crossover or filter network modules (caps and chokes) for component speakers. These are what induce noise into your audio system via EMI and RFI.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us