Ok now what do i need to amp my speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Pedey8

Post Number: 14
Ok, so you guys have helped me out with regards to subs.. but now i need to know what kinda amp i should pick up to power my infinity kappas 63.9i?? those are my front door speakers and my rear speakers are infinity reference speakers? and help you could offer is always greatly appreciated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
what do you guys think of this amp?
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-GT5-A604-CAR-AUDIO-STEREO-AMPLIFIER-AMP-4-CHANNEL_W0QQit emZ360249208639QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item53e086af3f

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
any advice?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12857
JBL makes good amplifiers. anything in the 50 watts x 4 to 80Wx4 is a good range for coaxials and components.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
will i need to purchase anything other then an amp? or am i gonan need some kind of crossover device?

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12863
just about all amps made today have a built in HPF (high pass filter) so no crossover will be needed. If the head unit you use has 3 pair of RCA line-outputs, the head unit will also have a crossover built in.
If you already have at least 4 gauge wire from the battery to a subwoofer amp, then you'll want a fused distribution block (1 in to 2 out or 1 in to 4 out, 4awg through or 4awg in, 8awg out) and enough wire to run the second amp for both power and speakers (and remote) in addition to RCA cables (two pair)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I'm running 0 gauge wire to my amp for my subs and my head unit is the clarion max385vd.. and im quite sure it has rc outputs for speakers. thanks a lot for everything glasswolf

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12866
sure thing! with the 0 gauge, just get a fused distribution block for 0 to 4 gauge 1 to 2 or 1 to 4. Then you can run each amp from the dist block.

The Clarion should have 3 pair of RCA preouts. one for subs, and one pair each for fronts and rears. that's all you should need. don't use both the head unit and amp crossovers together though. onse one or the other, else you will have problems. things like slope are cumulative and will have issues using both at once.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
oh ok thanks a lot... really dont knwo how i wouldve ended up with a half decent system without your help and everyone elses at that.. thanks a lot.. i believe i now have everything ill need.. jsut gotta attempt to find a H.O Alternator.. which isnt fun for my car but ya haha.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12871
alternators aren't that hard. they have two bolts. one to pivot the alternator, and one to tension the belt.
If you can line up the holes, and fit the alternator in the space give, it will work.
It's not like matching a head gasket where it has to be precise.

Username: Discoboy2009

Post Number: 2
ok i have a dual audio amp with 600watts with 4 channel with 3 way crossover and i have my 2 front door speakers and my back window speakers and my 2 12's(memphis) and i have 8 tweeters and my audio horn under the hood and it all sounds fantastic so yeah dual audio amp bro is the best!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12875
*shakes head*

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
yea i think im gonna have to try something that will jsut fit.. because i have tried contacting many places looking for a H.O alternator and im always being told. " we dont have anything for your car"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us