H.o. alternator

Username: Arangov3

Post Number: 3
hey i need a high out put alternator for a 97 nissan altima gxe somewhere with in 200 and 300 amps its to power at the most rockford fosgate T2500-1bdCP and 1 or 2 T600-4 thank you and url(s) would help a ton i got 800 to spend on it

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12816
well even with the install it shouldn't cost you more than $500 tops for that size unless you want one that's chromed/polished for a show car.. then maybe closer to $800.. anyway check the subwoofer forum, and look at the thread toward the top labeled something like "updating the good/bad/ugly list... come help!"
there in the first post, you will find a list of items.
go toward the bottom and check the "alternators" section, under highly recommended or good, then check the follow up posts for additional brands.
You'll find what you need with the help of google to find their URLs.

Post Number: 4
im sorry i cant find that list

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12840
you didn't try very hard.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/628486.html

Post Number: 5
I found it after i was looking for a link not a thread, but thank you very much it was a lot of help

Bronze Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 81
has anyone ever heard of or had a personal experience with powerbastards HO alts? i really want some info before i decide to go ahead and order one.

i cant find anyone with an alt that will fit my 2001 jeep cherokee sport.

it says its a 220+ amps alt at 1200 rpm, and 110+ at idle. witch sounds ok to me.

also it's a fitzall type deal, so thats the reason im kind of iffy about it.

Post Number: 9
meangreen alt i heard were good for jeeps I am trying to get that same jeep off my friend how has a mean green in it

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12880
is that jeepp an inline 6 4L? If so, it's got a Denso case alternator. Alternators are two bolts. one to pivot, one for the belt tension. It's not like you need a specific alternator for a specific engine.

Bronze Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 82
yeah mean green's were the only ones that come up when i search for jeep alt's. it just sounds like an off-brand type of company to me for some reason. but if it worked for your friends jeep, ill have to look closer into it.

and glass, that's exactly what i was thinking. but being i never changed an alt on a newer vehicle before, i'm kinda of nervous for sum reason. and it looks like the easiest way is to take off the front skid-plate and do it from underneath. because its right at the bottom.

i just want the plug, or whatever be exact, and i didn't want to have to trim an ear or anything to make it fit. i might be thinking about it too much but that's just me because it's my daily driver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us