CEA-2006 Compliant?

Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 4
So my buddy recently got an '05 Acura RSX and we spent the past weekend putting in a new stereo and running wires for a new amp+sub. So now that thats done I decided to start shoppin around for a good setup for his car.

We want to save room in his trunk so we are looking at maybe a 10" sub powered by a decent amp. One of the main things that I looked for when shopping for my amp was CEA-2006 Compliance. Ive heard 'Cadence' is a very good brand and decided to see if they had anything suited for my friends car.

Thats when I found the Xa300.1 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=8046
its within budget and has good power output from a good brand. Now... I noticed it is not CEA-2006 compliant. I was wondering ... is this even important? I have heard good things about Cadence, so is there any reason they dont have the certification for their amps. Is it anything to worry about?

(feel free to suggest other budget friendly options)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12818
Look at anything made by the parent company DEI (Directed Electronics Inc)
They own Orion, a/d/s, PPI, Directed, Viper, and one or two other brands.
All of their products are well made, and well designed, and fairly affordable.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 344
Sony and Kenwood are CEA-2006 Compliant and there amps are crap, and should be used as paper weight.

Look for respected companies when buying amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us