I need some help please.

Username: Morb

Hampton, VA USA

Post Number: 4
Ok I'm doing an audio install into my 300zx

KICKER 08DS12L74 (DS12L7 4-Ohm)

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Hifonics Brutus BXI2610D 2600W Class D Amp.

Is this a good set up, will all this work well together i haven't bought any of it yet, but this is what my plains are so far..

Bronze Member
Username: Jmartin2323

Cleveland, Ohio United States

Post Number: 14
The Headunit is a good choice, I will always stand by pioneer head units. I am not a fan of kicker products but thats just an opinion, im sure someone will chime in who enjoys their products. And the hifonics amp (once again, opinion) is a bad choice. Maybe post a price range and we can give you some ideas or advice about different products?

Hampton, VA USA

Post Number: 5
Hmm.. Ok well my price range is $1,200 If you think you can give me a better idea on products, please do, if i can save some money in there also would be great, but i don't think it can happen not with what I'm looking for.. I want at least 2500watts, and i would like a good dvd player that will tie the system all together.. I like the pioneer also, but looking at how i couldn't find it within my price range i have to change my mind on that, unless i can find a cheaper amp that will put out the same power, I'm very partial myself to kicker, i have used many of there products and have liked them all.. Other then that, no help will be refused.

I guess what I' really looking for in case anyone asks, I want some serious bass, not competition level or anything i know i can't get that level for the amount of money I'm willing to spend but i would like the best i can do for my money, and i definitely want a DVD player, and i would like to have the solo's.

So if anyone has any good idea's on helping me put this system together, please feel free to share.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12779
you're missing any front stage components and an amp to drive those, too.

the bass from an L7, while I dislike square subs, is going to absolutely drown out any vocals or trebel response from factory speakers powered by a head unit.

Hampton, VA USA

Post Number: 6
I already have all that plained out..

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 469
Alright so I found the 12" kicker dual 4 ohm L7s online for 219.95 each. I'm assuming you want 2 so that's say $440. Looked up a Sundown 1500D which was $425. Great amp. I would recommend a custom built enclosure via Dustin on the forum. Not positive but I'd guess it'd be around 175 plus shipping so say $225. You would need 1/0 guage wire, a kit may be around $100. I'm not sure what type of in dash dvd HU you want. Alpine makes great head units and its looking like the big solid screen type is around $550+ and the flip outs are around $625+. So all that brings your total to around $1840. That's without shipping. That leaves you enough out of your 2500 budget to spend on a 2 channel or 4 channel amp and some in car speakers. You may just get 2 nice component speakers for the front doors and a nice 2 channel amp. Running that much juice though, I would recommend upgrading the big 3 which is super easy and cheap. You may also look into getting a good battery for under the hood. Even then you may still have some electrical issues. The next option would be to get an HO alt.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 470
Ha, my bad. I saw where you said you wanted 2500 watts and I thought 2500 was your budget.. Well, I guess you could change amps and down grade your HU. That'll shave off some money. Running 2500 watts on a stock electrical won't be doable though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us