650w amp 12" fosgate sub inside speakers cutting out?

Username: Igtheactt

Post Number: 1
Now this is weird to me but before when i hooked it all up everything was fine.. i have 4 alpine speakers inside the car not sure what kind im in the house.. while driving only the inside speakers cut out.. when i press on the brake you can hear a popping sound coming from the speakers.. while the inside speakers cut out the sub stays on and never cuts out.. if i disconnect the rca's from the head unit they dont cut out.. what could be my issue

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 454
What volume are they cutting out at? High volume or any time reguardless of volume?

Post Number: 2
anytime any volume really.. i was just messing around with the head unit wiring and disconnected the ground wire... rewired my memory, power & remote and now it seems fine... not sure why the ground wire from my radio when not connected doesnt do anything but meh...

Post Number: 3
well it started back up again and keeps doing it... i just disconnected the rca's until i can figure it out... meh

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12762
take it to someone who knows what he's doing, and have the whole system re-wired.
you have a short somewhere causing the problem. probably the head unit is miswired.

Post Number: 4
thats most likely what im gonna do.. wanted to try to do it myself but meh whatever haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us