Need Some Advice

Username: Zbykowicz

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I drive a 1986 Mazda Rx7 as a summer car and i have 2 10" P3 Rockfords in it currently running on only a 300w Rockford amp. I want to upgrade my amp to get some more bang out of the subs. Any suggestions on make/wattage of a good decently priced amp?

Also im in need of a high output alternator and probably a capacitor. Any suggestions for either of these would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12714
Well, let's see. Your P3s are rated for 150 watts RMS per coil, so 300 watts RMS total per sub.
You can use an amp that's 2 channel, and puts out 300WRMS x 2 @ 2 ohms, or a mono amp that puts out 600WRMS x 1 @ 1 ohm.
brand would be up to you and your budget.

the alternator will definitely help. a capacitor will not.
for alternators, try wrangler, ohion generator, motor city reman, iraggi, or lestek

Post Number: 2
Thanks man,

Currently waiting for some info back from ohiogen and motor city. Hope they have one for my car thats affordable.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 331
The P3 10's are 400RMS each.

Before you buy a new amp, is the box built for P3's? if not, build one to spec of subs(it makes a world of difference) then see how you like. If you not happy then jump on a different amp.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12737
ah so they are. I saw the specs on crutchfield, but on RF's site they are different.

Post Number: 3
Hey thanks guys. My box i built using the box builder utility on RF's site. Its built to exact specs on there site.

@glasswolf thanks for the alt ideas but no luck. none have anything for my car. Im looking into a custom rebuild of a stock alt i found for my car.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 332
Try mechman for HO Alt.

Do you have the Rockford P300.1?

Budget for new amp?New or Used

Post Number: 4
ok ill look there.

Yes i have the P300.1

Around 500-600 Probably

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12744
ah alternators aren't that hard to fit really. It's one bolt to hold the alternator in place, and a second bolt to adjust belt tension, then the pulley size. aside from that it's just physically fitting in the space you have. Alternators aren't like heads, where it has to match the exact engine/car.

Username: Rios4life

Fresno, CA United State...

Post Number: 2
hey i think capacitors are waste of money you should just get one of those lil batteries for systems or upgrade your car battery to a battery that is meant for systems. i would recomend an optima yellow top. this is the easiest way to get a better sound out of your system. and for amps you can get the p5002 pretty cheap and that is a good amp.or u can just get the t10001bd but that depends on your budget

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12756
oh god *sigh*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us