Stolen Head Unit

Username: Onetimeuser

Post Number: 7
Hey guys.. Someone broke into my car and stole my deck. :-(

I was obviously heart broken. I'm looking to replace it soon. And I wanted your help before I buy a new head unit. What's been stolen is only the interface though... so is it possible to just buy a new one? The portion at the back... I don't know what to call it, but the one that the wires are attached to is still in place.

What do you guys think? What should my next move be?

The model was a Pioneer DEH-4000UB CD MP3 USB Aux In Car Stereo 50Wx4.

Get back to me soon. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Hay88

Post Number: 99
hi i think your find you can just buy the headunit as long as it the sameone/model . i know its works with alpine headunits cause thats what happen to myself. just make sure you get the right one.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5070
So the square plug (aka wiring harness) was left behind? I wouldn't let that stop me from getting a different brand of head unit, but for ease of installation etc., why not? It's almost guaranteed that any Pioneer headunit will work in place of yours (that was made within the same year and price range i.e. don't get a high end Pioneer made the same year), and true, some other headunits will work, but sometimes they can have a different wiring configuration even though the plug will still fit. Rarely, however, can you swap headunits across plugs.

Username: Confuzion

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 2
do you mean they stole the faceplate and left the rest of the radio? or do you mean you have the faceplate and they stole the giant radio that attaches to the faceplate?

Username: Confuzion

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 3
if its just the faceplate that is gone you may be able to find one on ebay from someone else selling spare parts and it should work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us