Need some help and advice

Username: Sleepingst517

New Jersey

Post Number: 2
I'm looking to start fresh on a complete audio setup. I'm starting with the wiring first. I have a 65 AMP Alt, w/ stock wiring to battery which is a yellow top deep cycle, from that gonna have 0 gauge wiring going to under my headunit to a cap from that I'm splitting 2-4 gauge wires to under my 2 seats for both the amps. One amp is for the highs, little cheesey one and the other amp is a JL 500/1. The 500/1 will be going to 1 10inch JL W7.

Thats the overview of what I have now but not in yet. Lets start with the cap. Is the cap too far from both the amp to work properly or am I ok... I'd say from under my headunit to the seats it'll be about a 4 foot 4 gague wire? Next, will that setup get powered enough? The only other thing I'd have to upgrade is to a bigger alt. (which would be 110 AMP) and bigger gauge wiring from alt to battery. Now... will that setup get powered enough and does anyone see any problems I might have? Appreciate help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3749
110A alternator and deep cycle battery.
use 4 gauge cable to ground the battery, and go from alternator to battery.
use 4ga from battery to distro block.
split the single 4ga cable into two 8ga cables and run one to each amp.
put the capacitor in parallel with the 500/1, and within 12" of the amplifier for it to have any useful effect.

you don't need 0ga cable for 110A of current peak.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us