Sony xm-1502sx over current problem

Username: 00mjr

Post Number: 7
I have eveything hooked up. COreectly and I get no sound out of my subs. The overcurrent light is on? I disconnected the speaker wire rca/speaker wire and just had power going to it. And I still have an over current light on. Whats up? Is this problem inside the amp and is the stereo shop going to be able to repair it? jw thnx

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 224
if you disconnected your subs and its still on sounds like an internal problem. Maybe try to disconnect and then reconnect everything and see if that works.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3746
typical failure sign from a Sony amp.
better off just getting a new non-Sony amp.

Post Number: 8
Well, I'm taking it to a local car audio store. You think the problem will be a fix up or it just a dead amp. I would hope it would be something like a fuse or something inside. jw thnx

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3755
nothing that simple, no.
repair cost will liekly be more than buying a new amp.
particularly with as cheap as most of teh sony products are. sorry but they have such a high failure rate that this is common to see happen.
usually within a few months of purchase.

Post Number: 9
my AIM sn is traupfer
I'll be on it. If you can explain stuff easier that way. thnx. also just to get some more info to learn. I just started with amp stuff.

Post Number: 10
Well if you can ... if you have AIM can you add me to your list. I need help finding a new one then. The store opens tomara. and I wanna prepare for a replacement!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3758
if you're on a limited budget, look at JBL for amplifiers.
they're about the cheapest ones that come to mind worth buying.

Bronze Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 89
also MTX has some good class D amps for good prices. that is what i am getting. a 310Watt @ 2 ohm class D amp for $100. The JBL is about exactly twice that. 600Watts for $220

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ya. I'm looking for an amp that will kick my 2 mtx 12's well for around 150 or below. 100 would be a nice area. I need something similar to my sony xm-1502sx's power (760 w). Becuase when it worked in my sis's suv it was great. So leave something that I won't be wasting my $$ on and that I will be happy with. TY VERY MUCH!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3761
you may want to save a bit more then.
you get what ya pay for. $100 won't get you any amplifier worth buying.
$200-250 might.

Username: Thecigaretteman

Post Number: 1
Ive got the same problem as matt,ive had my sony xplod amp for maybe 2 years now,and im suprised it lasted this long,but my problem is when i turn it up a little my subs shut off,the amp reads "over current" and when i tried to check what it meant i got this..."you are driving too low of an impedance load or the speaker leads are shorted directly",can anybody transate that to somebody thats not too stereo smart?

Username: Thecigaretteman

Post Number: 2
Sorrt for double posting,but i wanna add that my car is a 1989 mercury grand marquis,its got kind of a weak power supply,my lights dim a lot and so deos my deck,so could this maybe be the problem? Do i maybe need a power cap?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us