Pre-Amp Volt Question

Bronze Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 65
What is the affects of the different Volts on pre-amp outputs. Does it affect the sound quality? The loudness? The distortion? Would 2 be any different than 2.5? Would 5 be worth the extra money? Why do most companies only have 2 and 2.5? I am just very confused on this whole issue and would appreciate it if someone would give me some good details on this subject. Also what are some of the better Head Units if I only want MP3 capability and decent sound controls for a good price. Not worreid about the Amp in it since I am hooking up my speakers to an external amp.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 71
bump

Anonymous

any help here would be great ... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3709
good line voltages don't make the system any louder, but they do make for a cleaner signal at the other end of the cable, and they can increase resolution since you'll get more detail in a wider signal band.
usually 4V is about ideal, and the amp inputs have to be matched to teh line voltage for ideal performance.
over 4V and many amps can't accept the signal without being overdriven. lower than 4V and you lose the benefits of the stronger voltage.

If you want a good head unit look at Eclipse.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 79
thanks wolf

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 216
Yea the higher the pre out signal from the headunit the cleaner the signal sent to the amp. Therefore makes the amp works less as it lets you keep the gains down on the amp meaning more efficency.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us