Wiring 2 Subwoofers..HELP!

Username: Colorblind_2004

Post Number: 1
I need help. Is it possible to wire 2, dual 4 ohm Kicker L7 subwoofers down to 1 ohm using a SX1250.1 mono amp??? Please help. Thank you!

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 253
Only if the amp is 1ohm stable. If it isn't then you got problems. If you do wire them at 1 ohms then you will run the risk of burning up the amp. If it isn't 1 ohm stable then you could wire then to 4ohms they will still hit just not as hard.

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
Ok I just found it and yes its 1ohm stable so you are in luck. You can use this diagram to wire them to 1ohm.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

P.S. I hope you got atleast a 200amp alternator.
Good luck

Post Number: 2
well...i just purchased a 180 watt alternator Will that work fine with it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
Well the best advice I can offer is to hook up the system and if the lights dim if they do then you will need a bigger one. Since you got a 180amp that leaves you 60amps for your car to run on as long as your car isn't FULLY loaded you should be fine. But just hook up the system and see what happens you should be fine though.

Post Number: 3
Thanks man. Appreciate it.

Username: Redraider

hamilton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 1
I just bought 2 12" 450 watt Lanzan subs from a buddy of mine i was wondering which type of amp i need and if theres a diagram anywhere that would show me the wiring thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 100
you need to know the Ohm rating and if its dual or single voice coil then you can get some help

about wiring diagrams. Im sorry but did you even read any of this thread look three posts up and click the link.

hamilton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 2
Im new to this i dont have a clue what the ohm rating is, where would i be able to find this out? i know that its a single woice coil im just not sure of the ohm rating

hamilton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 3
Im not sure of the ohm rating but i know its a single voice coil

hamilton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 4
Im not sure of the ohm rating but i know its a single voice coil

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 102
well itll have a little horseshoe next to it and its call the impedence. its probably 2 or 4 ohm you need to know that before you can pick an amp or wiring option
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us