Installation of Sony Xplod CD-recivers??

Username: Rivera

Post Number: 2
Hi !!

I trying to install a Sony Xplod CDX-R3300 but I'm novice!! Can you advice me about the installation instructions and accesories too??

Thank you in advance
Rivera

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 214
All you got to do is read the instructions that came with the unit. If you don't have them you can download them here.

http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/search.asp

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a Sony Xplod CDX-CA700X CD player and RDS radio.

When playing CD-R's, which it is supposed to do, it gets into a strange mode where it locks out the tuner. The only way I have of getting the tuner back is by undertaking a complete reset, using the hole behind the front panel, which looses all of my channel settings.

This happens intermittently and has happened about 5 times in the six months I have owned it.

If anyone has any wise words of advice I would be most grateful?

Kind regards

Terry Nye

Anonymous

yeah, dont buy a sony unless it is a really high end model!!!

SilentStealthAssassinDesertFoxKillerRanger
Unregistered guest
everyone says that "dont buy sony"...no one will dare help anyone with sony because its not socially accepted. why would you even post that? he didnt ask for your opinion. he asked for help. ni99er

Unregistered guest
i am trying to fit a sony cdx-r3300 to a 93 metro
was told to wire it up this way
metro - black to black - stereo
purple to yellow
green to red
black/red to orange

we have power but no illumination on the stereo
can anyone help please.

Anonymous

pam hegs,

You probably have the battery connection on but not the ignition, the ignition should be the red wire coming from your sony stereo, battery is yellow from your stereo, black from you stereo goes to ground.

If you want to check which wire is which on your car use a multimeter.

battery to ground (chassis) should always be around +12V (could be 13)

Ignition to GND will be +12V only when the ignition is on.

ground will be any wire that beeps (put on the diode test function) when u touch the chassis with the other probe.

Might be simple but you never know

andy225@gmail.com
Unregistered guest
To any of those who have installed more then one system before, I could use your help...

email me with any help andy225@gmail.com

6x9s 4x6's sony explode speakers, 300 dollar head unit. Sounds like garbage. The only way it sounds good is when its faded to one side and one rear speaker. Either side, as long as you put it to one of the 6x9's it sounds great. Same thing with the old crappy head unit (old aiwa) same thing with pioneer speakers, and same thing with factory speakers. Why does it sound like crap when put to the two 6x9s, the new head unit definitely has enough power... Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us