Hifonics vs. memphis

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 86
these two amplifiers are basically in the same price range. which would you buy? I'm thinking on either one of these two for an upgrade. if neither of these, then which other amp? I'm looking for a mono class d amp that goes down to 1 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 60
hmm...honestly i know on ebay a audiobahn(i know ppl say audiobahn is bad but i dont see y) buts its 1 ohm stable let me give u the url and u can look over it and look at everything:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48597&item=5706050341&rd= 1

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 208
Hiphop how much power do you need??

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Oh and neon he said he wanted a MONO amp that goes to 1 ohm stable. That piece of crap you posted isn't even a mono amp. Do you know what a mono amp is??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
o wrong type oops get a KICKER KX1200.1 MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER heres a link to one:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5706700333&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

O and my peice of Sh*t amp i reccomended has 10 amps more in it (and if u dont know what im talkin about then ur stupid)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
o wrong type oops get a KICKER KX1200.1 MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER heres a link to one:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5706700333&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

O and my peice of Sh*t amp i reccomended has 10 amps more in it (and if u dont know what im talkin about then ur stupid)

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Dude I know stuff about these things you couldn't even dream about. And I can tell you from hands on experience that audiobahn products are a piece of sh!t. Just because it has 10 amps more doesn't mean sh!t. That kicker would blow it away. You still didn't answer my question. Do you even know what a mono amp is?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
no lol what is it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
no lol what is it?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 652
That amp at 1 ohms will be the most unreliable piece of sh*t in the car audio world. A stereo amp bridged to a 1 ohm load from a horribly unreliable company? That thing will put out enough heat to keep your car warm in 0 degree weather. And it'll sound horrible, but that's not only b/c of a 1 ohm bridged load, also because of a crappy amp, 1 ohm bridged will have NO headroom at all. If it was truly a reliable 1 ohm stable bridged amp, it'd be stable to .5 ohms stereo. Get the Kicker. Audiobahn is very poor quality compared to high end audio brands, if you read my post a while back , you'd read that Audiobahn was responsible for about 3/4 of the returned items in my shop.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 653
By the way, 10 amps will NOT put out 1200 more watts. It takes over 120 amps to create 1200 watts RMS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
so how many watts rms and total does the kicker 1200.1 have and the audiobahn a2300hct have?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
wow i think we really have a newb here, you better knoe what RSM is or you are stupid...

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 2
from that post it seems someone else might be stupid

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
lol thanks chris. RSM what the hell r those? i think ur the newb. and rms is USUALLY half the total output it means root mean square. and i wnt to know the rms for those amps not what rms is?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
look it up, and i spelled RSM on porpose cuz you made me lose 30 iq points due to lack of your knowladge

Bronze Member
Username: Flashflood

MN

Post Number: 14
Ahem...
Just because a company says an amp can
hit a certain rating, doesnt mean it actually can...
For instance, the AudioBahn POS sub I just
tested was blowing smoke out of the port
with 150 watts less than its "rated" RMS.
I wouldnt doubt the fact that Audiobahn
puts as much effort in building their sub-par
subs as they do their amps.
-Joey (Audiobahn hater-in-training)

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 78
Hey when you get done arguing over the same crap that flows through here a millions times a day maybe we can answer the guy who stared the threads question.

From what i understand they are both good amp companies but memphis cant be bought online so really there isnt a way to get lower prics. I personally am planning on getting a hifonics amp to run my two oz audio tens later this summer.

What are you planning on running with these and maybe i can help ya find a hifonics for less.

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 87
i was planning to run an amp on 2 12" type r's. they're DVC 4 ohm, so i figure, i might just wire them down to 1 ohm instead of 4 ohms, which i currently have them on right now. i know that if i get a 1000 watt rms amp on them, i might be overpowering them, but they seem like they're taking 800 rms just fine, and they seem hungry for more. plus, i wanted the class d technology, so it'll be more efficient. from another post, someone said that he's seen hifonics break down so many times. is that true?

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Dude those subs have an RMS of 100-300. You got them 200watts over powered. You would be best to stay with what you got. Are you could get a JBL 600.1 the power them right. You are lucky you still have them. And I'm the one that said I've seen Hifonics amp fail. This is because I have a friend that has bought 3 of them and all 3 failed on him in about a 5 month period. Plus he has some friends that have had the same problem. So everyone can say I don't know what I'm talking about if they want but I've seen them fail so say what you will.Maybe they just got bad products but 3 in a row give me a break what are the chances of that.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 89
lol now see why could you have posted that when i was looking for amps hahahaha well back to the ol drawing board for me

Username: Onthelow

Ft drum, Ny Us

Post Number: 9
memphis can be bought online, no warranty though. check out www.woofersetc.com good prices.

Username: Onthelow

Ft drum, Ny Us

Post Number: 10
by the way, I think they both are good amps. I have the 16 MC1300D, love it. Also I have a friend with a Mono Hifonics amp great sound & output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us