Alpine Amp Not Working

Username: Siryoink

VA

Post Number: 1
I've been trying to get my amp working correctly for a few days I need a bit of wisdom from the experts.

I have an Alpine 3552 4/3/2 amp hooked up in bridged (95w) mode to a Roadmaster 8" 200w tube sub.

The amp kept going into protected mode and cutting off, and a voltmeter showed it only getting 6v at the amp. I traced the problem to insufficient ground wiring. I replaced all the wires, and now have 10ga wire running to battery and ground. The remote wire is 18ga, and speaker is 12ga. A voltmeter now shows the amp is getting 12v.

The amp powers on now, but isn't outputting sound to the sub. If you put your hand on the sub, you can feel it move, but barely. Also, the amp cut off today and reset the memory in the head unit. Not really sure what the problem is... any suggestions?

Username: Siryoink

VA

Post Number: 2
*BUMP*

Still haven't found what's causing my problem. (And before anyone says anything, I do realize the sub sucks) Also, since this may be related, sometimes I hear a faint buzzing sound on my speakers when the engine is above 4k rpm. Is it possible there is a bad ground at the head unit causing this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us