JBL and Memphis Amps

Bronze Member
Username: Bladebeme

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 24
I am just now gradually getting back into the car audio seen and obviously things have changed since. But are these JBL 600.1 or whatever amp it is one of the better amps? I keep reading all kinds of people talking about them.

Also I read somewhere that stated Memphis was one of the best amps out there, is this true?

Bronze Member
Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 48
yea memphis is good but JPL JL KICKER RCOKFORD FOSGATE is the best around now.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 83
No offense, but I have yet to hear that Rockford Fosgate builds a great product. Also, I've never heard of JPL either. I do know that my experience shows that JBL and Kicker do build some descent amps. Memphis is also some really nice amps, but I'd steer clear of Memphis if you're planning on doing 4 or 2 channel operations. Memphis do build descent 4 channel amps, but there are better out there. Now if you're looking for a mono Class D amp, go with the Memphis, some of their Amps are able to operate with 90% efficiency, which should save your alternator some work. I've been using a lot of Memphis Amps and Subs, they build nice Subs and Amps (their coaxial speakers are nothing to envy though.)

Also, If you're looking for a good sub, don't count memphis out there either. Their subs are nice. I assure you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us