Orion 2500 vs 2 jl/1000

jl guy
Unregistered guest
i have two jl audio 13w7. my question is if i should buy a orion 2500 @1ohm (wich is cheaper than 2 jl 1000) or spend the money on 2 jl 1000. im kinda stuck because i dont have anyone here that sells orion to compare the two, a little help please. thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3586
I'd go with the JL amps.
for one, they're matched to 13W7s, and those subs are dual 1.5 ohm coils, and secondly I'm not nearly as fond of newer Orion post-Directed buyout products as I was of their older stuff.

jl guy
Unregistered guest
well for the price of jl i can get two memphis audio 1500 watt amps off ebay.what do you think glass? or just save and buy two jl? thanks glass

Username: Duran_2

West texas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
okay i finally regesterd, but didnt want to use jl guy anymore, kinda weird.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3605
the memphis amps..
1500 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms?
750w x 1 @ 4 ohms?

you want to find an amp that can drive around 1Kwatt @ 3 ohms

West texas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
okay. well glass ive been looking but cant find one. i got the jls off of my brother who had them on a jl 500.1, but they sounded okay. any suggestions on an amp thats not so expensive, my budget is between 950.00/1250.00. i hpe im not getting on your nerves with so many questions. your advice is greatly appreciated.thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 178
Fernando Why don't you just get 1 JL 1000/1 for now and save up for another one later. One will sound pretty good. It will do until you get the other one to got with them. heres a site that has them at a decent price.

www.acaraudio.com

West texas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
im very lucky guys. i ran into my buddy and i bought his jl 1000.1 from him last night for $500.00!!!! he has a baby on the way and dindt want a system anymore , any way,now i can save a little more and get the other jl 1000.1. thanks alot guys you have all been a great help, this forum rocks.by the way i listen to mostly r&b, and mexican music, my subs are in a sealed box with a divider do you think its better if i port them to get more boom or just leave them the way they are?thanks for the link jayj ill order the other jl in about three weeks.thanks.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3616
sweet :-)
lucky find there

let us know how that W7 sounds

Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 1
I would leave them sealed. Unless you are going to build a completly new box, according to the Jl specs. I perfer sealed over ported unless you are going for spl. I also think once you get that second amp it will be plenty loud enough for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us