Help with setting my sub up

Username: Ryan_opliger

OH

Post Number: 4
I hooked a 15in kicker comp c5(8 ohms) to my alpine MRD-M605 mono amp(400 watts RMS x 1)( Class-D member of Alpine's V12 amplifier series delivers 400 watts of bass-bumping power to a 4-ohm load) (600 watts at 2 ohms ).... im completely lost can someone please help me figure out how to set it up rite and get the best sound/bass/hit out of it

Username: Dkeezy

Houston, TX

Post Number: 7
The way i understand the whole wiring theory with ohms and wattage is that basically the more ohms your subs are, the less power it will present to your amp. Clearly if your amp is rated at 600w at 2 omhs rms, and currently your sub is showing your amp 8ohms, your prob pushing out waayyy less wattage. Im not an expert on this, but Im pretty sure someone else will also comment and help you better understand.

Here's a wiring diagram that might be useful.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=160

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 252
If the sub is dual 8 ohm and you have it hooked up parallel (red to red, black to black) then you are at a 4 ohm load to the amp. So your sub is seeing around 400 rms. If it is a single voice coil and youre running at 8 ohms cut that in half and its seeing around 200 rms.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 253
Also be sure your gain is set correctly. It doesnt work like a volume knob. It is supposed to be at a certain setting to achieve the correct amount of voltage output to your woofer for a given ohm load. The setting will be in your amps manual.

Bronze Member
Username: Tkzone

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 22
8 ohms? How old is that dam thing . If it is a single voice coil i need an anchor for my canoe. If not you could have it wired at 16 ohm and not even know but realisticaly if its a dvc wired parallel pos/pos neg/neg and its got a banging 400 watts at 4 ohm THAT AINT SQUAT BRO for a 15 gain or no gain especially if your box isnt large enuff and ESPECIALY IF ITS NOT PORTED. PERIOD my names tim im just tryn 2 help and ive had comp12s when they were $125 a pop 20 years ago and got cvr12s now for 125 a pair and they smoke the old schools xcept the sq. But the spl(volume)with a ported box is serious. I have a handbuilt 400 watt PPIwith port now and a PUNCH 150/ 400 watt THEN with a sealed enclosure and the only thing that blows away the way my new ones hit compared to my old ones IS HOW THEY SMASH WITH 1000 WATTS RMS in my vented box. So all bs aside if your gonna roll with what you got 4 ohm mono HOPEFULLY , 400 wrms unless you have the correct box aint pushn that 15. Check the crossovr 2.No mor thn45hz GL

Bronze Member

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 23
if nothing else SKD might hnk u up with a line driver. If you have a crappy deck those signal processors are freakin awesome. Good luck bro. Let me know if were goin fishin. I still need that anchor. You cant do alot wit a single 8 ohm you need 2 my friend

Bronze Member

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 25
Once again No response? Was i supposed to tell ya to strap a slave on that baby and blow another 5 or 6 bills ? Go for it and that wont be the only thing blown. YEE HA $ GIT R DUN. LOL . REALLY hows it comin man

Bronze Member
Username: Ford_toyota

Post Number: 11
Check Google. You may find some post with pics there and sort out the problem. :-)

http://www.turbochargerpros.com/jaguar_supercharger.html
Jaguar SuperCharger
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us